Geylang River IR Pano - Large Size

Status
Not open for further replies.

ark19

Jan 17, 2002
SG
This is a full 360D Infrared Panorama of the Geylang river taken on a bridge just before Kallang River.

geylang%20river%20pano%20s_std.jpg

Originally posted by Kevin
Wah lau! This is great. A lot of effort?

No lah.....Just feel like I was baked in a 40 Degree Celsius oven! :bsmilie:

The actual shooting was ok, just make sure the horizon is straight.
Most of the effort was in the Post-processing. No matter how great they say Pano stitches are, they will still be some errors...
So have to patch here-and-there... :D

ark19..jus wanna ask...where did you purchased your IR filter from? and how much is it?

Originally posted by StreetShooter
Very nice!

Here's a pano of the same place from another viewpoint!

Thanks!
:what: The bridge is missing!
U must have taken it on one of the HDB block :)
Very different view, next time I'll try from there...

Originally posted by sbs99
I think ark19 takes very nice IR photos...can specialize liao. Great work. :)

No lah, still long way to go :)

Originally posted by AMDer
ark19..jus wanna ask...where did you purchased your IR filter from? and how much is it?

$25+ at Fotoguide in Peninsula.

Originally posted by ark19

$25+ at Fotoguide in Peninsula.

O-care! will buy one soon! is it 'Hoya R72' by the way?

next quezstion...when using the IR filter...which mode should i use to get the effect like wat u did...'making the trees stand out green'?

Originally posted by AMDer

O-care! will buy one soon! is it 'Hoya R72' by the way?

next quezstion...when using the IR filter...which mode should i use to get the effect like wat u did...'making the trees stand out green'?

:eek: Seems like lotsa ppl wanna take ir because of the "green"! :D
This is my reply to Lennier regarding IR stuff:

To check if ur DC is sensitive to IR, check out this link: http://irdreams.com/how_to_shoot_ir.htm

The ir filter i'm using is HOYA R72 Near-Infrared. It's about $25+ and u have to order as most shops don't stock-up.

Now, the colours... I'm sorry to say that not all DCs can do that. The Olympus C700UZ has a function "one-touch white balance" that when activated, will snap a pic and calculate the correct wb. Somehow (I'm not sure what's the logic) when fitted with the ir filter, the one touch wb will allow the greens on plants to show...

For post process, I usually do auto-level, contrast, hue and saturation.

Hope the above helps :)

yap! F707 do have infra function..i see the 'light' from my remote control...and it also have the 'one-touch WB'...ok..i think i have collected enough "evidence" to buy this filter liao...

IR...here i come...

Status
Not open for further replies.