Which one is a better buy?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

togu

Jul 11, 2002
@ D08
www.tommygui.com
Hrm, let's say if you'll to make a choice between Chevrolet Aveo 5 and Hyundai Getz, how'll you make your selection?

Both 1.4 L, 5 door hatchback, 16 valve engine. Aveo going at $43k+, while getz will cost about $50k.

:gbounce:

Getz is still so expensive nowadays? NEver dropped in price? You might as well get a Sunny EX or Lancer.

Yes, they just introduced the 1.4L , to replace 1.3L. I'm actually looking at the aveo. For 43k, hrm, unless there's something real bad about it, why not? :think:

Which one is more spacious? Aveo 1.4 or Getz?
:think:

Er.. based on my tummy and my backside, I find both almost similiar. Or rather I should say for both cars, after I adjusted the driver seat backwards to fit my tummy, backseat still have space for er.. another me. :p

togu said:
Er.. based on my tummy and my backside, I find both almost similiar. :p

Heehee... maybe i should go test out the Aveo one day, i heard from my friends that Getz seems to have a poor FC? anyone knows about that?:dunno:

icarus said:
Heehee... maybe i should go test out the Aveo one day, i heard from my friends that Getz seems to have a poor FC? anyone knows about that?:dunno:

Just saw this in Hyundai own forum,

http://www.hyundai-forums.com/t5817-getz-owners-unite-33.htm

:faint:

None of my friends drive Aveo, can't get much feedback. :sweat:

oeyvind said:
both are Korean cars... got diff meh?

Got! 1 is korean car but branded with some european name and is 7k cheaper. Just that there is an ugly cross infront. Hrm, btw, can we take out the cross and put something else? :think:

togu said:
Got! 1 is korean car but branded with some european name and is 7k cheaper. Just that there is an ugly cross infront. Hrm, btw, can we take out the cross and put something else? :think:

Aiyo one is actually a Daewoo leh. Anyway, rich lah you can afford cars! :rolleyes:

Chevolet is Korean meh..... tot american company.... General Motor... over here in US... chevolet is made in America..... prestige is machiam like proton back home.... Also hor, Chevy in USA is well known to always give problem.... just my 2 cents worth....

oeyvind said:
the Chevies here are basically rebadged Daewoo.

Hmmm... Is Daewood also Under GM? I know GM cars have tons of brands... In us its chevy, in Australia its called holden, in UK its called vauxhall.... I think in korea its called Daewood.... In germany they are called opel...... in addition to that they still own tons of other brands.....

togu said:

*passes togu a Ferrari logo*
:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

idor said:
Hmmm... Is Daewood also Under GM? I know GM cars have tons of brands... In us its chevy, in Australia its called holden, in UK its called vauxhall.... I think in korea its called Daewood.... In germany they are called opel...... in addition to that they still own tons of other brands.....

they own opel but basically still have a core group of german engineer designing opel engine. so :thumbsup:

for the chevy in singapore however is all daewoo product 100%. except for the badge. :thumbsd:
def choose hyundai over daewoo. but the way price dropped... consider a sunny

Do consider the new suzuki swift at 54.5k after the COE drop..

Japanese made!

Sorry borrow your discussionto ask something on cars also.
Anyone knows for the cars under 1600CC which have the least fuel consumption? Always been told Toyota Altis and Honda Jazz is quite low in fuel consumption. But is this low very obvious? And worth to pay more for this fuel saving?
I read quite a number of reviews on cars but none actually talk about fuel consumption.....

kex said:

Japanese made!

yeah man the swift is beautiful... very cute

kex said:

Japanese made!

But for that price, I'll rather get a Lancer 1.6 Sports. 3 diamonds... woohoo... ;p

ANyway, car price way exceed my budget. I don't intend to pay more then er.. ideally $500 per month for car installments. Anything above that? I'll rather take cab. :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.