Getz or Lancer

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilsonang

May 18, 2004
Hi all,

I am getting a new car and have narrowed my search to 2 possible cars. Hyundai Getz 1.6L 3dr or the Mitsubishi Lancer 1.6L

I understand that Mitsubishi is a better brand, but in the recent time, hyundai drivers have given pretty good comments about their cars.

I just like to check out the pros and cons of the 2 cars, like fuel consumption, tendency to breakdown, serviciability, spare parts prices and others.

BTW, i will be getting the manual gear ones.

I don't like Hyundai.... ugly... I prefer the Lancers.

wah... tts fast...

ur reply... :p

ortega said:
hyundai - made in korea
mitsubishi - made in japan
Hyundai cars no power one.

I still like the Lancers.

korea also got da chang jin mah...

i mean, i noe they are from the country, but, toyota made in thailand... they are better than mit or hyun...

wilsonang said:
korea also got da chang jin mah...

i mean, i noe they are from the country, but, toyota made in thailand... they are better than mit or hyun...
Just finished watching the entire 70 episodes yesterday... :bsmilie:

Toyota Vios seems like hot cakes... cheap and ok. Can consider. I still have preference for Lancers... :lovegrin:

GET THE MAZDA 2!
Try the car, You'll love it.

1.5L. Titronic (Both auto and manual gear), Steering got CD remote for volume and music advance.
The handling is very firm.
Hardly see on the road? That 's even Better. Easier to spot your car in a car park.
Unique identy.
Like PC or Mac, you tell yourself..... I'm buying a lifestyle not a transport.

Recently, I got knock on the side w an Altis.... The Altis engine half gone... me car only wheel spoilt.

wats the price for vios and mazda 2?

Hmm.. get whichever has the best mileage for ur fuel?

No point getting a car that's dirt cheap or one with plenty of style but drinks petrol like u're on a binge drinking session. :bsmilie:

whats your budget?

i think the altis is still the best buy out there.

my family has the 1.6altis, 1.5 nissan sylphy and 1.6 sunny.

there is a reason why toyota is going to become the worlds biggest car manufacturer and mitubishi is going bankrupt ;)

ibflames

wilsonang said:
Hi all,

I am getting a new car and have narrowed my search to 2 possible cars. Hyundai Getz 1.6L 3dr or the Mitsubishi Lancer 1.6L

I understand that Mitsubishi is a better brand, but in the recent time, hyundai drivers have given pretty good comments about their cars.

I just like to check out the pros and cons of the 2 cars, like fuel consumption, tendency to breakdown, serviciability, spare parts prices and others.

BTW, i will be getting the manual gear ones.

getz is a 3-door hothatch....which is a different class from the lancer.

if you can afford to wait, then take a look at the mitsubishi i....which is a 660cc+turbo 5 door hatchback. shaped like a rabbit....and supposed to have a slot for iPod integeration. fuel consumption is rumoured to be about 18km/l. anyway, its rear-engined....so can do drifting!!!

ok...back to getz vs lancer....lancer build quality is better than getz. fuel consumption for manual lancer is 12++ to 14++...but subjected to your right foot's power. the lancer will be having a new model by end of the year or next year.

btw the 2, lancer anytime without any other considerations;)

large_5_ex.jpg

it is useless to resist

jsbn said:
Hmm.. get whichever has the best mileage for ur fuel?

No point getting a car that's dirt cheap or one with plenty of style but drinks petrol like u're on a binge drinking session. :bsmilie:
you need a van then..:thumbsup: FC mo tak deng ah!

The fiat doblo or opel combo can beat the lancer or civic anytime. Leaves many literally in their smokes..

Status
Not open for further replies.