Getty Image - unathorise use of images

Enquirer

Dec 16, 2009
Hi,
Has anyone received a letter from Getty image, ans was ask to pay a sum of money for unathorised used of images? Is this a scam?

Thanks.

Wow, will be sure to take note of this.

Hi enzeru21,

I have been searching the web. I have also read about the scam issue. But just dont understand since Getty Image is a real company, how come they are doing this?

anyway, Thanks for your information.

Hi enzeru21,

I have been searching the web. I have also read about the scam issue. But just dont understand since Getty Image is a real company, how come they are doing this?

if its a scam then ofcos its people who are trying to mislead ppl... so does it matter if getty image is a real company??

there could also be scam in the form of other mailers from apple, from coca-cola etc...

ppl are just trying to make use of human emotions to cheat some $$

Hi enzeru21,

You don't know the meaning of the word "scam", do you? It's people saying they are from Getty. That's why the web page or email address they direct you to will not be from getty itself.

You probably also believe it when you get an email telling you that your dear friend, who was involved with a Nigerian dictator, has 20 million dollars he needs to get out of the country and needs your kind help...

Ditto what Rashkae said.

Interesting, now they have Getty scam...