Getting very UNSAFE

d2xpeter

Deregistered
Dec 6, 2012
singapore
Killer trees, derailed trains.....

Fullscreen+capture+4302013+104133+AM.jpg

Fullscreen+capture+4302013+104024+AM.jpg

Rail crack, not derailed train la, brother.
+1

This is how things get dramatised... one incident looks very fierce and newspapers love to play things up.
But what is the average incidence rates now and ten years ago for trees falling?
More things are on the net now, and citizen reporting is on the raise.
Makes things look worse than they are sometimes.

The rail system is old, so yes incidents will happen. And we should fix them asap. But we are much better than many other rail systems.
Just stay vigilant.

Are you in risk of getting raped by 7 men on a bus?
Are you in risk of getting hit by a stray bullet just by going to the market?
Are you in risk of being blown to bits while jogging on the streets?
Do you live in tornado alley?
Do you live in an earthquake belt?

I didn't think so. You are safe.

the newspaper article didnt even say derailed? u mashed the delay and rails together issit.

Are you in risk of getting raped by 7 men on a bus?
Are you in risk of getting hit by a stray bullet just by going to the market?
Are you in risk of being blown to bits while jogging on the streets?
Do you live in tornado alley?
Do you live in an earthquake belt?

I didn't think so. You are safe.

I am not comparing with other countries.
I am comparing in singapore now and then.
for the past 40yrs or so, i dont recall such EXPONENTIAL increase of falling trees. Just a few weeks ago, 15 trees fallen across the island !!! just after a thunderstorm???? and for the past 40yrs plus years, the intensity of all the thunderstorms were more or less the same. So what is the problem?? What is causing all these??

And people can say that it is just a crack and not a derail. It is exactly this type of mentality that is worrying! Have to wait for something catastrophic to happen before people can wake up their idea.

than ya better have your aluminum hat on 24/7

And people can say that it is just a crack and not a derail. It is exactly this type of mentality that is worrying! Have to wait for something catastrophic to happen before people can wake up their idea.

Did you even SEE it anywhere in the article that SMRT says that "ah shucks. it weren't nuthin'. we ain't gonna fix that. it ain't broken".

also trees used to be uprooted all the time. if you had bothered to read what petetherock mentioned, it seems that the frequency of trees getting uprooted is increasing. however, it's not so. it's just because of mobile phones and social media that more of it is now reported by citizen "journalism".

all of this dramatizing of such incidents make it seem worse than it is.

so what is the intent of your thread? to find someone to blame?

More drama.... let me help TS along the way...

1st - Pick up some story in the internet where lots of S'porean is talking about...

2nd - Find the one that fits agenda...

3rd - Find some party/person/organization to blame

4th - Tell reader "You Know what to do in 201X" or "Use your vote wisely on 201X"... or something along that direction...

:bsmilie:

Did you even SEE it anywhere in the article that SMRT says that "ah shucks. it weren't nuthin'. we ain't gonna fix that. it ain't broken".

also trees used to be uprooted all the time. if you had bothered to read what petetherock mentioned, it seems that the frequency of trees getting uprooted is increasing. however, it's not so. it's just because of mobile phones and social media that more of it is now reported by citizen "journalism".

all of this dramatizing of such incidents make it seem worse than it is.

so what is the intent of your thread? to find someone to blame?

My dear young friend, you consider 15 trees fell in just one thunderstorm normal? LOL
And it has nothing to do with the so-called citizen journalism la, fyi. All the info was from the mainstream media aka newspaper and it has been around a long time. just in case you are not aware. LOL

I think you should move to Afganistan. I heard there are lesser trees and no MRT to speak of. You should feel safer there.

dont need so far la.
Now even JB could be safer. LOL

Is it, so what else would you like to see as a symbol of doomsday?

See waterspout and plan for tornado?
See refinery explosion and start stocking up on rations?
See Ferrari accident and make sure install cameras all around the place to make sure no speeding Ferraris are around before crossing the road?

Is your life planned perfectly? Has something you intended not to break broken down before? There is a thin fine line between being ready and paranoia. Are you among those preparing for a zombie apocalypse?

Last edited:
My dear young friend, you consider 15 trees fell in just one thunderstorm normal? LOL
And it has nothing to do with the so-called citizen journalism la, fyi. All the info was from the mainstream media aka newspaper and it has been around a long time. just in case you are not aware. LOL

Oh, yar, it has been around a long time. You marvel at 15 trees uprooted in a thunderstorm a few weeks ago.

I see your 15 and raise you 100+ from May 2012. :bsmilie:

More than 100 trees uprooted over the weekend

Last edited:

See Ferrari accident and make sure install cameras all around the place to make sure no speeding Ferraris are around before crossing the road?

Is your life planned perfectly? Has something you intended not to break broken down before? There is a thin fine line between being ready and paranoia. Are you among those preparing for a zombie apocalypse?

of course not my friend. It is just that things happening recently are making me feeling UNSAFE. LOL
I have been very contended and secure and safe for all my life living in singapore until recently. LOL
I hv been to many countries and still feel singapore is a better place until recently. LOL

Its coming I tell you !!! Its coming !!!

Thats why I'm saving money to buy a samurai sword and start practicing with it... like in The Walking Dead Season 3

the-walking-dead-season-3-episode-7.jpg

The-Walking-Dead-Season-3-Cast-Photos-6.jpg

OMG! I did mention EXPONENTIALLY didn't I.
Thanks for the supporting evidence.

May 2012 is not recent enough for you?

I thought you say you read mainstream media for a long time already.

Fine, Apr 11 then. If 2 years is recent for you still, I rest my case.

Trees fall in heavy thunderstorm, 1 slams on to 3 cars

Btw, the NLB website is down, but I wonder if you felt unsafe in 1990 when there were runaway elephants on Pulau Tekong? Did you sweat for our NSFs? :bsmilie:

Singapore Log » Elephants Sighted On Tekong : Pagenation

Last edited: