Getting to know my NIKON D800

Fantastic dynamic range! And of cos the technique and the model! :thumbsup:

thanks, btw today i mounted a Tokina 12-24 f4 to test
overcast skies in the morning but looks like the sun is peeping not, will shoot more during my lunch hour.

Last edited:
That crop ... makes my heart stop beating for few sec .... :bsmilie:

You need to buy a equipment to kick-start your heartbeat..... the equipment is call D800.... :devil::heart:

He he mine just arrival and called from the shop for ready collect :)
Will be update you later.

rain5533 said:
He he mine just arrival and called from the shop for ready collect :)
Will be update you later.

Congratulations on your new toy, feel free to contribute to this thread

Hey great pictures there.

D800 is really a fine camera, but I'm really just curious if you're experiencing any issues with the D800 that everyone else seems to be experiencing, such as oil droplets and debris splattering onto the sensor after taking a few photos, and etc. Or whether you're aware that a lot of people seem to experience such issues?

I think you should search up "D4/D800 issues" on google and the top result should be the link I wanted to post. Unfortunately, I'm new on this forum, so I can't post links yet. haha.

nxisDT said:
Hey great pictures there.

D800 is really a fine camera, but I'm really just curious if you're experiencing any issues with the D800 that everyone else seems to be experiencing, such as oil droplets and debris splattering onto the sensor after taking a few photos, and etc. Or whether you're aware that a lot of people seem to experience such issues?

I think you should search up "D4/D800 issues" on google and the top result should be the link I wanted to post. Unfortunately, I'm new on this forum, so I can't post links yet. haha.

http://bythom.com has some interesting comments on these issues.

So far I do not have issues with my camera, no oil, no lock ups and any out of focus errors are by me and or lack of dof

Hi, the DX Crop, can be set to Auto Crop mode, so you do not crop and after you transfer into your PC.

hehe that's quite fun and 100% of the handing to compare the D700.

i didn't set to auto crop as some dx lenses can make full use of the FX sensor, eg the Tokina 12-24 @ 20-24mm will post pictures tonight

ortega said:
i didn't set to auto crop as some dx lenses can make full use of the FX sensor, eg the Tokina 12-24 @ 20-24mm will post pictures tonight

I see, later tonight will post here for ISO comparasion from D7000 :)

But I found the AFS 40mm f2.8G DX micro is quite useful

Last edited:
DSC_04652.jpg

taken with a tokina 12-24f4 @ 24mm

rain5533 said:
hehe sharing my one of photo only.

I think you have the infamous left AF issue. The left curtain is so out of focus :p