Getting to know my NIKON D800


ortega

Moderator
Nov 2, 2004
23,706
10
38
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
Fantastic dynamic range! And of cos the technique and the model! :thumbsup:
thanks, btw today i mounted a Tokina 12-24 f4 to test
overcast skies in the morning but looks like the sun is peeping not, will shoot more during my lunch hour.
 

Last edited:

N-user

Senior Member
Mar 11, 2006
2,457
2
38
TPY
That crop ... makes my heart stop beating for few sec .... :bsmilie:
You need to buy a equipment to kick-start your heartbeat..... the equipment is call D800.... :devil::heart:
 

rain5533

Senior Member
Apr 14, 2009
3,103
0
36
S'pore, JB
www.flickr.com
He he mine just arrival and called from the shop for ready collect :)
Will be update you later.
 

ortega

Moderator
Nov 2, 2004
23,706
10
38
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
rain5533 said:
He he mine just arrival and called from the shop for ready collect :)
Will be update you later.
Congratulations on your new toy, feel free to contribute to this thread
 

nxisDT

New Member
May 2, 2012
2
0
0
Singapore
www.flickr.com
Hey great pictures there.

D800 is really a fine camera, but I'm really just curious if you're experiencing any issues with the D800 that everyone else seems to be experiencing, such as oil droplets and debris splattering onto the sensor after taking a few photos, and etc. Or whether you're aware that a lot of people seem to experience such issues?

I think you should search up "D4/D800 issues" on google and the top result should be the link I wanted to post. Unfortunately, I'm new on this forum, so I can't post links yet. haha.
 

UncleFai

Senior Member
Mar 10, 2010
4,494
52
48
Singapore
nxisDT said:
Hey great pictures there.

D800 is really a fine camera, but I'm really just curious if you're experiencing any issues with the D800 that everyone else seems to be experiencing, such as oil droplets and debris splattering onto the sensor after taking a few photos, and etc. Or whether you're aware that a lot of people seem to experience such issues?

I think you should search up "D4/D800 issues" on google and the top result should be the link I wanted to post. Unfortunately, I'm new on this forum, so I can't post links yet. haha.
http://bythom.com has some interesting comments on these issues.
 

ortega

Moderator
Nov 2, 2004
23,706
10
38
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
So far I do not have issues with my camera, no oil, no lock ups and any out of focus errors are by me and or lack of dof
 

rain5533

Senior Member
Apr 14, 2009
3,103
0
36
S'pore, JB
www.flickr.com
Hi, the DX Crop, can be set to Auto Crop mode, so you do not crop and after you transfer into your PC.

hehe that's quite fun and 100% of the handing to compare the D700.
 

ortega

Moderator
Nov 2, 2004
23,706
10
38
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
i didn't set to auto crop as some dx lenses can make full use of the FX sensor, eg the Tokina 12-24 @ 20-24mm will post pictures tonight
 

rain5533

Senior Member
Apr 14, 2009
3,103
0
36
S'pore, JB
www.flickr.com
ortega said:
i didn't set to auto crop as some dx lenses can make full use of the FX sensor, eg the Tokina 12-24 @ 20-24mm will post pictures tonight
I see, later tonight will post here for ISO comparasion from D7000 :)

But I found the AFS 40mm f2.8G DX micro is quite useful
 

Last edited:

UncleFai

Senior Member
Mar 10, 2010
4,494
52
48
Singapore
rain5533 said:
hehe sharing my one of photo only.
I think you have the infamous left AF issue. The left curtain is so out of focus :p