Getting running shoes - WOS & RSH vs Queensway SC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Goi

ClubSNAP Idol
Staff member
Hi to all, especially to those seasoned shoppers.

I'll be getting a pair soon and I'm wondering with the Great Singapore Sale going on, Btween WOS and RHS or Queensway SC, who will offer a better deal? By how much?

TIA! ;)

I haven't been shopping in those places for a long time but I would still think QSC still have the edge in terms of variety and price. Which shoes are you looking at?

shoes?

think more of biomechanics first, before the model of the shoe, after all, if it doesn't fit, forget it :D

Actually, I'd choose E-mart. :sweatsm:

Else, if I'm not looking for juz Newbalance shoes, I'd choose Queensway. Cos there's where you'd find the cheapest & latest shoes. :thumbsup:

Queensway SC got lots of variety. Or can try pennisula but not sure cheap or not. :)

depends on models, the current ones better to stick with queensway, if you are looking for bargains, WorldOfSports or Sportslink may offer you a deal.

i dun think you are looking for premium shoes, if so you could find them at pennisula, Queensway and Far East. the fakes are selling at beach road.

:think:

yupz, sehs dude says it right ;) . Adam, what foot type are you of? mainly got 4 main types:

1. flat foot (ie gone case :bsmilie: )
2. mild flat foot ( = almost become flat foot already but strictly not flat foot yet)
3. high arch
4. normal

in conjunction with this physical characteristics, there is also pronation pattern:

a. normal
b. over pronate
c. under pronate

so u got 1,2,3,4 x a,b,c = 12 potentially different running patterns..(sesh, correct me if i,m mistaken on some of the details..keke)

anywae me recommends the asics shop at marina shopping mall. manned by a friendly small sized auntie. she can properly recommend to u the correct type of shoe for your foot type :)

Queensway SC is a good place for sourcing for running shoes. Got my pair of Nike Air running shoes from there just last week. Only problem is u need to walk around a bit to look at the shops and the place is a maze, quite easy to get disoriented. :confused: Prices are more or less the same for different shops for the same model of shoes, I checked. (this is only for the particular model that I bought, not sure about others).

There's a shoe shop on the second level of penisula plaza, can't remember the name but the shop is really cramp inside... the guy there will recommend you shoes based on your feet. price is comparable to queensway.

as for me, i've been using asics since army days. the gel system work well for me, cost abt $150, can last about 1 year plus with running about 2 times a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.