Getting prints from labs to match

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystix

Jan 18, 2002
Planet Earth
Visit site
Hi i understand that one can calibrate his own system for the prints to match his monitor ouput....but what if i'm sending my pics to a prolab to print.... is it always the case of hope and pray since u have no control over their machines?

For what I have experienced, don't ever develope your digital print at Konica Digital Express!!! I printed 2 photos there recently, for submission to a photo competition, the result of the printed photos look like shit! I was so pissed, @#$$%%@!.... they did colour correction and had changed the contrast of the photos, which made it look so overexposed and totally different from the one I actually took! Luckily, I printed out a copy with my own Inkjet and show them the actual colour of the photos and I demanded for a refund. The lady who did the printing refused to give me a refund and decided to reprint the photos to match the colour as close to my printed ones. She even suggested to do a scan from my Inkjet printed ones! They are suppose to be the expert in photo print, don't they know that the quality will drop if scan and reprint?! How do you expect me to take part in a photo competition when the printed result look like a such a crap!

Digipix, you taking part in the Inter-Racial Harmony themed Photo contest by NCDS? :)

Originally posted by Fastbreak
Digipix, you taking part in the Inter-Racial Harmony themed Photo contest by NCDS? :)

Yes... but how to take part when the printed photos look like shit..... so disappointed..... :(

:(

Actually no need for it to be from Konica Labs... the sponsor only trying to promote their stuff mah... with the extra prizes and so on.

Hope you have already resolved it? All the best! :) :thumbsup:

Originally posted by Fastbreak
:(

Actually no need for it to be from Konica Labs... the sponsor only trying to promote their stuff mah... with the extra prizes and so on.

Hope you have already resolved it? All the best! :) :thumbsup:

I submitted the printed ones and attached a small note to it, together with the ones I printed with my Inkjet. Hope they can tell the difference though! And also hope they will see from the photography techniques than the printed quality!

Status
Not open for further replies.