Getting old

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astin

Mar 2, 2002
Astin Studio
astin.clubsnap.org
Recently went to see my optician, was told that I am getting old, and may not be able to see clearly at near distance, but still can see clearly at far distance (in other words, far-sightness lah)
Was wondering, if confirm far-sightness, will I need any optical help to see the viewfinder? Or need to "upgrade" to a digicam with 2.5 inches LCD display instead?

Look on the bright side, your optician probably means you can no longer focus in macro mode but you'll get a 2X teleconverter in return ;p

Time to switch frm Human subjects to Astrophotography liaoz.... hehehe.... :D

I think have to give up photography..........

I have the same problem, using large format I can't focus on the groundglass from nearby, have to step back....:)

renegade said:
Look on the bright side, your optician probably means you can no longer focus in macro mode but you'll get a 2X teleconverter in return ;p

nice, with a FZ20, you can get 24X zoom! hehehee... :D

just kidding...

Don't forget to get a walking stick:bsmilie:

Eat more cordyceps, look at more green stuff, do eye massage to help relax the muscles around your eye area :)

You know..... far sightedness means back focusing issues.... :)

Astin said:
Recently went to see my optician, was told that I am getting old, and may not be able to see clearly at near distance, but still can see clearly at far distance (in other words, far-sightness lah)
Was wondering, if confirm far-sightness, will I need any optical help to see the viewfinder? Or need to "upgrade" to a digicam with 2.5 inches LCD display instead?

it does not help by upgrading to 2.5 inches LCD, at least without trying it first.

from my experience, i used bi-focals. have no problem reading newspapers now, but looking at small LCD display. at times, i remove my glasses. Gong Xi Fa Chai to you and your family!

Wolfberries (they call it Gou Qi Zi), Blueberries, carrots are good for da eyes. These 3 can be eaten raw as well as cooked. Eat more of it. :D

Some of you may remember, in the film SLR days, the viewfinder was very big, and very bright, and there were needles to see for metering. Now the DSLR got very small and dim viewfinder, and many little red dots for metering/focusing etc.

I think the ultimate solution is to get a pair of bifocals, but I was wondering whether the camera companies got any better solution than that.

I've heard of diopter attachments for guys who want to shoot without wearing their glasses, but i dunno about bifocal attachments...! =) Maybe you can upgrade to video instead of photo, allan! Anyways, Happy CNY!

look at the bright side....u can see all the hot chicks from a distance now....

any happy new year!!! :)

Your viewing distance from the viewfinder varies in direct proportion to your age.

viewingdistance.jpg

Petf69 said:
look at the bright side....u can see all the hot chicks from a distance now....

any happy new year!!! :)

ya, but want to see and get closer leh! hehe. Simon, Gong Xi Fa Chai to you.

StreetShooter said:
Your viewing distance from the viewfinder varies in direct proportion to your age.

viewingdistance.jpg

great pic to illustrate your point or ...the other way round?

espn said:
How about lasik?

lasik is of no help for such age-related sight problem. not intended too.

Status
Not open for further replies.