Getting caught for photography, by Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

knpan

May 2, 2006
Singapore
Any1 here has been caught by police or any other interference to your photo shoot or photography session? I have been caught by the police twice.:thumbsd:

The 1st time it was just outside the police station and i was just holding the camera and the police guy came up to me from the other side of the street just to get my particulars.
Another time i was stopped by a patrolling police car which happens to pass by coincidentally, as i was in the higest level of a multi story carpark, who wouldnt suspect?

whats your story?

once, at changi jetty, they errected a post and i did not see it, was shooting the boats/sampans when i kenna, they wanted to copy mmy IC, nothing really.

hehe, you mean caught as in arrested or just they come over and ask u what they're doing?

i was shooting at some hdb block and kena complain before, then police came over and ask what's going on... once they satisfied i not up to some peeping tom or terrorist thing they left lor. quite friendly some more.

Nothing to worry about. They copy down your particulars just in case a bomb explodes on the day or the few days after your particulars were copied, then they'll start tracking you down and interrogate if you were part of the network.

no problems with that. i was shooting photos of planes at changi airport through the fence along the long straight road. all they did was take down my particulars, my hp imet number and ask me to scram. they might request to view the photos you have taken as well. until now, i'm still here. so there's nothing really worrying about it as long as you obey the law.

I was caught not only by the police, but wannabe security officers, heroes of the nation, coalition of the willingness to help create new bans across the country and many more paranoia stricken society. Too many to list but the most recent one was at Pandan Reservoir. You can read more about it at my photoblog. Cheers.

hazmee said:
I was caught not only by the police, but wannabe security officers, heroes of the nation, coalition of the willingness to help create new bans across the country and many more paranoia stricken society. Too many to list but the most recent one was at Pandan Reservoir. You can read more about it at my photoblog. Cheers.

think those security abusing their authority... but you have very nice photos...!! very nice...

Yeah, I was questioned once by the police while taking pictures under an MRT track.
Apparently someone thought I looked suspicious and called the police :bigeyes:

It ended up being an hour long interview by a CID 'Counter-terrorisim' officer...:sweat:
I was told that I did nothing wrong and I can keep the pictures, but I should avoid posting them online. They were very friendly and insisted it's just a routine interview that they do several times a day to tourist and other photographers. :bsmilie:

Anyways, we are not doing anything wrong here. It is just that the situation is kind of tense these days. And it's a good thing that the public is wary. But do expect to be 'caught' again if you photograph sensitive places or act suspiciously. :devil:

Almost all police are friendly. They just take down your particulars, tt's all.

It's those pesky little wannabe heros of the public that is most irritating. . .

I was not caught but was stopped by the police while i was about to snap. He suddenly appeared in my viewfinder with his palm waving and his finger pointing at me. I quickly put down my "weapon" and nothing else happened...

Moments later, a traffic police officer on duty told me that there's an important function going on in the istana and photography is not advisable as there are many Ministers arriving at that moment. I just left the place after saying goodbye to the TP.

just be friendly to the men in blue :)

I once "caught" 2 officers sleeping in their patrol car on the top floor of the MSCP :bsmilie: that was like at 7am :bsmilie:

So far havent been stopped by the coppers, maybe it's becos of my apperance - I dress too casually... more like a tourist :bsmilie:

Sometimes it is nothing to worry about one when police takes down your IC number. They need the numbers to buy 4D one.

The other day in front of me there were 3 police quequing to buy 4D with long lists of numbers. I bet some photographers's IC numbers are in them.

Don't know when they kenna 4D they would call you up to the police station to collect a small commission or not?

I was walking beside DBS Tower two, and took some pictures. After a short while, a security guard ran up to me and brought me into the building, got my particulars, and made me delete the pictures of the building itself.

Cliffy said:
I was walking beside DBS Tower two, and took some pictures. After a short while, a security guard ran up to me and brought me into the building, got my particulars, and made me delete the pictures of the building itself.

More ignorance in uniform. ;(

are they allowed to make us delete the photos? i mean, if i go in take, they not happy ok lah. but i am outside the building.

just recording IC is nothing wrong....

in fact, if I'm not wrong, anyone the police feel suspicious nad stop to question, identification MUST be logged.

Status
Not open for further replies.