Getting a tripods in china

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenni

Apr 27, 2007
Hi i was just wondering have any bros bought tripods from china? Was wondering if it would be cheaper to get china made tripods like sirui and benro in china. Thanks

Well, I got a working colleague whom just returned from a holiday trip to China. My friend together with his friend a Shanghai residents found that the China made tripods seems to be costlier over in China than in Singapore. Im kinda surprise with that, however they did mentioned that they could have been con on the prices as the salesman kinda know that they are not into photography kinda stuff. Lucky they did not get any tripod for me.

rZ

Is it bcoz of the exchange rate that you're after ? Or the reputed quality ? like Manfrotto, Gitzo or Slik.

Last edited:
i bought my Benro tripod last year at Shenzen, if i remember correctly, the price at Shenzen is about 20% cheaper than in Singapore.

That is along the way or bcoz of something you happen to be there. If someone is to take a flight to China to buy that tripod and fly back... i am wondering.

Once we were joking, and it is real... that one day when we take a holiday trip to the moon, we must not forget to collect some of the Hassy left there by the Appollo teams.:bsmilie:

i'm actually was looking at the sirui carbon tripods. Justing thinking if i should get it here or china. Any recommandations?

should be cheaper

but you must not get charged the tourist price :)

i'm actually was looking at the sirui carbon tripods. Justing thinking if i should get it here or china. Any recommandations?

Hmm.. Got my Sirui T1004 from Philip @ TK jus 2 weeks back.
He was telling me Sirui was actually more expensive in china than in SG.
And the reverse for Benro. Sirui is like the "Gitzo brand" in china, branding has a role to play for its pricing domestically... :)

i got my sirui m-1004 from beijing for 1000RMB... wonder how much it cost over here.. hmm

So u guys recommand getting the tripod here?

If you can find a Benro, get it. It's dirt cheap over there as compared to in Singapore.

Even for the carbon versions?

Is also cheaper to get it in HK. Visit VIVAPHOTO located at Sham Shui Po MTR, Exit D1, is just right behind the exit entrance on ur left, they have most of the range there plus other products as well... 2nd floor are all the camera bags.

map.jpg

Site link here: VIVAPHOTO
Their price are fixed, what price u see at their site r what u paying over there, so no worries of getting over charged.

I bought quite a number of Benro stuffs from them. Gd service n vry gd saving.

Actually I don't think it may be a good idea buying such thing in China and may not use it during your trip.
Sorry but for me, it it's cheaper by <$50, I rather buy it locally, for the fear of counterfeit goods.

But if you plan to use the tripod to shoot there, then it's worth it to buy if it's cheaper there. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.