Getting a new one or buy a second hand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

helmet0004

Jul 2, 2008
Johor Bahru
Hi All

Need your advice, I am thinking of switching to DSLR:bsmilie::bsmilie:I was thinking of getting a Nikon D 200 cause I have few nikon lens,Anyone know how much is D200 new in the market???.if they are not obsolute already or get a second hand D 200..what you all think?

Thank you.;p

it all depends on your budget...got money buy new, no money then buy 2nd hand set.

Ya, budget a bit tight but I was wondering if the D 200 new and the second hand D 200 a pricing diffrent of $200-$300, then I might want to get a new one as it give me the peace of mind. If the price diffrent is too wide, I might get a second hand.Thanks

most d200 2nd hand set would have 10k shutter count onwards if that worries you, just go for a new set instead.

Price difference between D300 and D200 is quite a gap.

Thanks Simon_84, I think I will check it out the price 1st before I make any decission..you are right as D 200 is a 2005 product so most of the camera would have high shutter counts.

Price difference between D300 and D200 is quite a gap.

Ermm TS is asking about whether he shld get a used or new D200, not about D300, i think u mistook "Ya, budget a bit tight but I was wondering if the D 200 new and the second hand D 200 a diffrent of 200-300, then I might want to get a new one as it give me the peace of mind. If the price diffrent is too wide, I might get a second hand.Thanks" 200-300 as the nikon model instead of the price.

To helmet0004, yes the different is pricing is about $150~250 only. Go for a new D200 body at about $1300~1350 instead as most 2nd hand comes with 10k+ shutter, unless you could find someone selling a cheap D200 with a few months warranty.

Hi reanimator,

I am looking at D 200 for this moment cause can't affort to buy D 300.Looking at the second market now I think the price diffrent is about $ 1000 so that extra $1000 can spend on lens or flash lah.

oh opps. yeah. get like what the rest mention. Most D200 will have at least 10k Shutter count and above.
SB-800 will cost bout the 500 range.

get a new one!

while some clowns still dare to sell it at $2000+, the market price (body only) has dropped to abt $1300-$1500 ? Great deal for a beautiful body:lovegrin:

when d700 is launch, all DX bodies price will drop...who knows by then the d300 can be more affordable already.

Ha..ha Simon_84

Let us all bow our head and pray for that!.

you go see the b&s section ppl already clearing their d300 and DX lens to make way for d700 already.
cos if they dont clear their d300 while the selling price is still good, later on they might suffer a bigger loss like the pricing for d200 when d300 was launched.

Dear Guys

I got my D 200 recently, would to thank everyone that drop in a few line of advice when I post this question.It help a lot.Thank you.:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.