Getting a new digital camera for travelling

Status
Not open for further replies.

checkpt2000

Nov 24, 2004
Hi, wan to get a new digital cam for 1 mth tour. Budget ard $600 SG. Non DSL, want to get a slim handy cam. Can take good nite shoot too. Support SD card. Any good brand to recommand? Canon, panasoinc, nikon? Any good shop to recoammand too?

Btw i heard that the lens (standard digtal cam) made in gerrmay is better? Is it true?

Also wat is pns camera stand for?

Thanks

pns is point and shoot! :D:D:D:D
Sorry I'm not sure how to answer your other questions though :(

Hi, wan to get a new digital cam for 1 mth tour. Budget ard $600 SG. Non DSL, want to get a slim handy cam. Can take good nite shoot too. Support SD card. Any good brand to recommand? Canon, panasoinc, nikon? Any good shop to recoammand too?

Btw i heard that the lens (standard digtal cam) made in gerrmay is better? Is it true?

Thanks

What is non DSL stand for:dunno:

Canon IXUS family is good for your budget then.

Thanks

Point n Shoot

must have anti shake
must have wide angle 28mm at least
must have hi iso shot with less noise
must have tripod mount
must bring tablepod

i would recomend a lumix L1 or L2 which ever fits your budget, or also you can try to go for a sony w50 or w70 if im correct because both of which has great colors and anti shake capabilities. but if you like the feel of shoting manual in a compact camera try the canon power shot it also produces superb crisp images...

must have anti shake
must have wide angle 28mm at least
must have hi iso shot with less noise
must have tripod mount
must bring tablepod

how is noise going to affect the output? Thanks

i would recomend a lumix L1 or L2 which ever fits your budget, or also you can try to go for a sony w50 or w70 if im correct because both of which has great colors and anti shake capabilities. but if you like the feel of shoting manual in a compact camera try the canon power shot it also produces superb crisp images...

just drop into dpreview, looking at lumix fx07 or fx50. Dun wan sony cos mem stick more ex and since i got sd card. Thanks

If you shoot with low iso it's okay.

Otherwise avoid noisy market places. :)

sorry i'm slow. dun really get it. thought iso higher good for night shoot, what it got to do with wat u mention. R you referring to video shot? Thanks

I consider but it run xd so i hav to forgo it. Thanks

The XD card is only a one time payment thingy...since this is a pns i dun think u will ever need to buy tens of gig of memory....For my F11, 1gb xd can shoot 300++++ photos so i never tot of buying xtra cards and hence the "xd more expensive" is never a problem...;)

How abt Ricoh Caplio R5 ? List price $699. Street price $580.

Status
Not open for further replies.