getting a new cam

FantasyWill

Mar 27, 2011
i now having a D3000. but i whould like to get a better one. any recommand ? D5100 ?

FantasyWill said:
i now having a D3000. but i whould like to get a better one. any recommand ? D5100 ?

Hmm any budget? If budget allows, why not the D7000?

budget $1500

Well, what lens do you have right now? and what type of photography are you interested in?

If you are a holiday photographer and don't intent to get any new lens, your current cam might just be sufficient.

If you are passionate about photography, maybe a D90 or D7000 would be fun to play with.

If you are unsure, then take the $1500 and go for a holiday with your D3100, and see how much you can get out of it.

:)

i'm having the normal lens. AF-S DX VR 18-55mm. i took my D3000 to taiwan and have take quite alot of pic and it quite fun with it.

Hold on a sec, you bought the D3000 last week right? You started a thread regarding on weather to get d3k or d3100 and now you're changing again? Or you still haven't decided yet?

sry that post is i help my friend to ask and i had my D3000 for a year already

buy the most expensive camera you can afford without breaking the bank and starving yourself. :)

nah kidding... D5100 looks good on paper, but if you have the budget, why not D7000?

over budget, d7000 2k+

I see. Why don't you try to add some range to your lens first? I think you can consider a 18-200 or 18-105mm or 55-200mm or 35mm f1.8.

Most of the stuff that you need for a camera should be on d3000, don't think the d5100 will add as much to photography.

Just my two cents of opinion.

wat the lens diffenert ? zoom ? or eff ?

wat the lens diffenert ? zoom ? or eff ?

i suggest you read more about photography before even buying tools when you don't even know what's the purpose of it.

i thought of changing to D5100 because if it varl-angle LCD and the special effects

i suggest you read more about photography before even buying tools when you don't even know what's the purpose of it.

Agree, no point upgrading if you do not know what you are doing. You don't need to upgrade if you do not use the extra functions.

that y until now i dare not to buy tools for my D3000.

that y until now i dare not to buy tools for my D3000.
TS, you have to ask yourself really hard. What are you shooting? People in the streets? abstract? Buildings? The body is just a body. Any camera body can shooting anything. But you have to choose the right lens to do the right job. Same goes for your style in photography.

Scenery and people

Scenery and people

Your D3000 can definitely do the job. But we need understand more about your style or genre in photography. example, current equipment, scenery? which kind? people? which kind? Might be a nag but you know, just trying not to lead you to a wrong path.