getting a Fuji S5700 soon.. what's next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tionghan

May 6, 2007
been going thru all the gurus advise here for a while and finally decided to get a prosumers camera Fuji S5700 which is (i think ) is so far the most affordable and ok camera. However have some newbies question :)

1) i can change/add lens for this camera right? I was thinking to get a extra wide angle lens for a start.. is it ok to do so?

2) Do i need a dry box to store this cam?

3) is there things like fish eye lens for this camera or am i going too far for now?

4) What other accessories should i be buying?

5) lastly.. any other model same level as this worth considering? as compare to the price and specs..

actually still got a few questions... but think will go thru the forum to look for it

thanks !! :bigeyes:

delfichoc

May 3, 2007
been going thru all the gurus advise here for a while and finally decided to get a prosumers camera Fuji S5700 which is (i think ) is so far the most affordable and ok camera. However have some newbies question :)

1) i can change/add lens for this camera right? I was thinking to get a extra wide angle lens for a start.. is it ok to do so?

3) is there things like fish eye lens for this camera or am i going too far for now?

5) lastly.. any other model same level as this worth considering? as compare to the price and specs..

actually still got a few questions... but think will go thru the forum to look for it

Hi

For s5700, u cant add any accessories. I have tried olympus 550 UZ n s5700. 550 is a 18x zoom cam, abt $820. However I find that it is not as good as s5700 which u can get below $400. For example, when u take close up, the picture quality is better for s5700. As both cameras claim to have 1cm macro. S5700 is the predecessor of s5600, better lcd. I feel that it's a good buy. U can check out MS colour for the price.

tionghan

May 6, 2007
Hi

For s5700, u cant add any accessories. I have tried olympus 550 UZ n s5700. 550 is a 18x zoom cam, abt $820. However I find that it is not as good as s5700 which u can get below $400. For example, when u take close up, the picture quality is better for s5700. As both cameras claim to have 1cm macro. S5700 is the predecessor of s5600, better lcd. I feel that it's a good buy. U can check out MS colour for the price.
thanks for the reply..

hmm i thougth s5700 can buy extra add on lens according to the sales man.. he even quote me a wide angle lens for $150...

getting soon in few days time.. excited

dorts

Mar 10, 2007
SG
I believe a prosumer camera is similar to a (D)SLR. Just no changing of lenses and stuff. Correct, pros? :)

jbma

Dec 28, 2003
Tampines
You cannot change lens but you can add-on wide and tele lens.

dorts

Mar 10, 2007
SG
Cool! I didn't know you could add on. Something new learnt. :D

delfichoc

May 3, 2007
where are u getting the cam? seems like the price quite competitive ranging from 349 to 399.but not sure if 349 include any freebies.

Galdor

Jul 5, 2006
Planet Gaia
s105.photobucket.com
found the cheapest at sim lim... 320 w/1g SD card.. and local set.. not grey set..:eek:
Sim Lim? :bigeyes: Most of the CSers will tell you to stay away from there. Get from more reputable shops and have a peace of mind. Go to the usual shops that our fellow CSers get their gear.

tionghan

May 6, 2007
Sim Lim? :bigeyes: Most of the CSers will tell you to stay away from there. Get from more reputable shops and have a peace of mind. Go to the usual shops that our fellow CSers get their gear.
geez... erm is alan photo ok?

raincool2005

Sep 10, 2005
Raffles Place

buy a electric dry box, a tripod, a bag, extra batteries and memory cards.

delfichoc

May 3, 2007
AP is ok. No worries. Who quoted u this price? The salesguys der quoted diff price. So can find the same person...is this his lowest?

tionghan

May 6, 2007
is it ok to put names here? or you wan me to pm u?

delfichoc

May 3, 2007
u can pm me, if u feel uncomfortable. thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom