getting a coolpix 2000, any option ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwloo

Jan 21, 2002
Visit site
Hi all,

Plan to get a Nikon Coolpix 2000 for my sister, basically she only those PNS type so don;t expect her to use any manual setting. Beside, I already own a Ixus 330 so don't plan to get a A40 for her as it's soft of like similier function.

Any option ?

Originally posted by cwloo
Hi all,

Plan to get a Nikon Coolpix 2000 for my sister, basically she only those PNS type so don;t expect her to use any manual setting. Beside, I already own a Ixus 330 so don't plan to get a A40 for her as it's soft of like similier function.

Any option ?

Just a side topic, Nikon is recalling some of its Nikon Coolpix 2000 due to some mechanical fault (?).

Refer to this thread for more details.

thank ! Yes, I'm aware of the recall.

i dont think it is possible as she is going to study oversea.

Originally posted by cwloo
Plan to get a Nikon Coolpix 2000 for my sister, basically she only those PNS type so don;t expect her to use any manual setting.
Have you also considered the Coolpix 2500? It has the 'trademark' Coolpix revolving lens section, and I feel that its physical construction is more robust than the CP2000 because the zoom lens mechanism is housed within the camera body and doesn't protrude. This may be quite important for a casual P&S user who may not want to be especially careful with handling the camera. Incidentally, I've also heard that ladies tend to find its design to be rather 'cool' and 'stylish'. ;)

ladies tend to find its design to be rather 'cool' and 'stylish'

me! me! I am one of those ladies who find it cool and stylish!

great for social outings! Don't need to trouble people to help you take photos, just turns the lens so it faces you and your friend & SNAP!

anyone own a coolpix 2500? Wanna know the price range of the memory ...

coolpix 2500 i think its $420 ex GST

memory is CF

128mb $95
256mb $170

something like this i think?

u sure the price is $420 w/o GST ?
I tot around $500 ?

128MB CF Ridata brand, around $90 in AP.

Originally posted by Belle&Sebastain
sorry my mistake thats is the price of coolpix2000, not 2500 sorry.:embrass:

ic ... anyway, thank !

oh well , hard decision .... maybe really just push her for the A40. so I get to use the lens adaptor later . haa haa , but she definally don't like the size of it after looking @ my Ixus 330

oh well... my gf will definally dont like the idea as she is part of the "shareholders" for the Ixus 330.

:)

Maybe I just bring them to the shop, show them coolpix 2500, 2000 & A40 and let them make their choice.

The problem with coolpix 2500 is the batt. But, they having promotion for 2nd batt free.. so no big deal now but gonna have problem in the long run ... that's why I always try to support the idea of using stadard AA battery in digital camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.