Getting 2nd Lens

djkyno

Dec 14, 2010
Singapore, Bt Batok
well im still a newbie, and taken a few shots, but now i plan to get a 2nd lens, but dunno which to get? im more into street and landscape:)

Then you will need to figure out for yourself if you need a wider lens or a longer lens. We don't know your preferred shooting style or how you feel limited by your current lens.

i feel like its not enough to capture the surrounding and i have to stand super close to a subject if i wann capture their expression

Maybe a 55-200mm can fix your problem for the moment?:)

Last edited:
well im still a newbie, and taken a few shots, but now i plan to get a 2nd lens, but dunno which to get? im more into street and landscape:)

Wide one, so can composite more land + scape into the shot. my 2cts

eg . 10mm -20mm......

if you just want a all rounder lens, can consider tamron 18-270 or 18-200

if you willing to spend more, then consider 10-22 or 16-45 or 17-40 for wide angle,
70-200 for zoom.

im currently having the 18-55mm kit lens. yap im more to all rounder. best is wide angle and long distance together

im currently having the 18-55mm kit lens. yap im more to all rounder. best is wide angle and long distance together
tamron 18-270 vc

I am interested in micro shot. Like taking photo of insect. What kind of lens should I be looking out for. Budget type please. BTW, I am using Nikon D5000 so do I need af-s lens for micro?

Maybe u could try "zoom lens EF 75-300 F/4-5.6 III" with Wide lens converter..which means if u dont want 2 take landscape, u could simply remove the converter frm the front of ur lens and take normal shots and macro..so the converter is attach and detachable..

ok read up a few thread just now. decided to get that, cos i can combo with my 18-55mm too. but dont see much people selling that

i feel like its not enough to capture the surrounding and i have to stand super close to a subject if i wann capture their expression

down to earth solution with no regards on image quality:
tammy 18-270mm + wide angle converter

expensive solution:
get an FF + 16-35mm and a crop body + 24-70mm and another crop body + 70-300mm

the real solution u really want to hear:
unfortunately no manufacturer hve created any 10-500mm lens :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Maybe u could try "zoom lens EF 75-300 F/4-5.6 III" with Wide lens converter..which means if u dont want 2 take landscape, u could simply remove the converter frm the front of ur lens and take normal shots and macro..so the converter is attach and detachable..

Wide angle converter is a very bad idea. The image quality degrades a lot when you use such converters and in a worst case scenario, the TS might end up getting cheated and pay $200-$300 for the lousy converter.

I second the tamron 18-270 suggestion.

Last edited: