Get that special shot.

Saw this Canon ad online:

Get that special shot:

1. Set camera to Auto Mode.

2. Point.

3. Click.

Sigh. No wonder I could never get that "special shot". I have not been using Auto Mode!! ;(

Saw this Canon ad online:

Get that special shot:

1. Set camera to Auto Mode.

2. Point.

3. Click.

It can only be special if you capture the right moment.

for example, someone who is going to sit on wet paint seat :bsmilie:

Kodak had better slogan. "You press the button—we do the rest."

Kodak had better slogan. "You press the button—we do the rest."

If only Kodak makes clothes... push a button and your shirt automatically unbutton/buttons up, rolls up/down your sleeve and self-iron... :think:

lol this advertisement makes people who made efforts to learn photography looks bad, people will think using the automode will make them photographers.

No wonder I never got any special shot because Canon did not provide auto mode on my camera.
Time to complain ..lol

That's why they went bankrupt.

They went bankrupt cus they got the wrong business model!! They should make clothes with button(s)!! :p

This ad might be targeted to newbies as those who are more experienced would not be "attracted" by the ad.

Can't say the ad is totally wrong, especially for the less experienced. Imagine if there is this special moment that will only last a few seconds and you aren't sure the settings I think one safe way is to use auto mode (or P mode). At least you will get a decent image (may not be at optimal setting) better than miss it due to using wrong settings.

Just my thoughts haha.