Get ready for Panasonix 4/3 DSLR camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sound cool to me.. Let's hope for the best for the coming cam..

Provided it had no noise when its at the highest ISO setting. Wondering how it really look like.. hm...

josho said:
Sound cool to me.. Let's hope for the best for the coming cam..

Provided it had no noise when its at the highest ISO setting. Wondering how it really look like.. hm...

Most important is the Leica kit lens included and at affordable price!!!

Precisely... Leica is most imptnt. Cannot imagine when it out all the lens will be Leica. Omg.. (look at wallet) :bsmilie:

There is a thread in the Olympus forum on this issue. I wonder why so many people have high hopes of having a Leica brand lense on the 4/3 system by Panasonic. My opnion of this joint development is without Leica involved (as of now). There is no mention of Leica in a few articles I have read so far, and the "Lumix" branding is a Panasonic brand which they intend to extend it to the DSLR system. Unless there is any announcement of Leica allow or intending to work with Panasonic to develop the lense, we should not put oo high hopes on having Leica lense on the 4/3 system IMO.

Quick Question:

Does anyone know who bought over LEITZ/LEICA photographic factories and plants, and who built their factories just next to the LEITZ factories?

Hint: According to what I heard, ONLY the industrial division is still 'originally' owned by LEITZ.

If the information I got is true, then we would all know who's been producing the 'LEICA' branded lenses for Panasonic.

BTW, I love my FZ 10 lens and it IS a fantastic lens, but I've got no dis-illussions that it was ever produced by Leitz. ;)

Feinwerkbau said:
Quick Question:
Does anyone know who bought over LEITZ/LEICA photographic factories and plants, and who built their factories just next to the LEITZ factories?
Mmmm... cosina? vivitar? samyang? phenix?

Wah Liew... The Dark Side is oreadi there... always presence... now more Dark Side evolving... Well if pana isnt going to improve there LCD quality and the firmware... toking about the low light conditions... It would be going to be a Flop...

D70... D70... D70... D70...D70... D70...D70... D70...D70... D70...

The Dark side is calling... wahahahaaaaa....

theITguy said:
There is a thread in the Olympus forum on this issue. I wonder why so many people have high hopes of having a Leica brand lense on the 4/3 system by Panasonic. My opnion of this joint development is without Leica involved (as of now). There is no mention of Leica in a few articles I have read so far, and the "Lumix" branding is a Panasonic brand which they intend to extend it to the DSLR system. Unless there is any announcement of Leica allow or intending to work with Panasonic to develop the lense, we should not put oo high hopes on having Leica lense on the 4/3 system IMO.

Without Leica, Panasonic would have to depend on Oly lenses, which I think still not up to mark! Oly had used Canon IS lens for it's C2100UZ range. And I am not happy with that lens already. It would be silly to switch from Leica to oly....... No Canon or Oly lenses please!!!

Check out the 7 mp camera reviews by DPreview and you will realise current the leading two in photography reproduction is Sony and Cannon, i see the picture quality taken by pentax, fuji and olympus... i wana vomit blood lor... not sharp at all... and very noisy i guess...

Cheers...

Hong Jia said:
Check out the 7 mp camera reviews by DPreview and you will realise current the leading two in photography reproduction is Sony and Cannon, i see the picture quality taken by pentax, fuji and olympus... i wana vomit blood lor... not sharp at all... and very noisy i guess...

Cheers...

Agree Sony and Canon have improved on its lenses over the year. Sony cameras are good, but storage media stink. Hope they would realise it and change.

but now v3 come with dual slot... both ms and cf... i guess they finally realise that MS cards are not going to rule the world...

Juz the V3 have f stop problem... else it would be a pretty good camera, i like the photo produce by v3 in depreviews...

Cheers...

Hong Jia said:
but now v3 come with dual slot... both ms and cf... i guess they finally realise that MS cards are not going to rule the world...

Juz the V3 have f stop problem... else it would be a pretty good camera, i like the photo produce by v3 in depreviews...

Cheers...

Ah yes, my colleague owned one previously. Was surprised it has CF. Now my colleague upgraded to M1. Quite impressive though.

What is M1... another sony model... paiseh.. really din keep track about model number... Canon G6 oso look good... very tempting small and compact....

Hong Jia said:
What is M1... another sony model... paiseh.. really din keep track about model number... Canon G6 oso look good... very tempting small and compact....

The one with mpeg4 video lor. Both Sony and Canon have too many models to confuse us.

LifeWorld said:
Most important is the Leica kit lens included and at affordable price!!!

Affordable price? Any idea of how much it will cost? Price range? :dunno:

LifeWorld said:
Without Leica, Panasonic would have to depend on Oly lenses, which I think still not up to mark! Oly had used Canon IS lens for it's C2100UZ range. And I am not happy with that lens already. It would be silly to switch from Leica to oly....... No Canon or Oly lenses please!!!

LOL, must be realistic. It is not about Panasonic wanting to switch or not. It is whether they can get to use the Leica quality lense on their 4/3 system.

theITguy said:
LOL, must be realistic. It is not about Panasonic wanting to switch or not. It is whether they can get to use the Leica quality lense on their 4/3 system.

Oh ya, Leica not into 4/3rd lenses. Wonder why Panasonic chose to go into 4/3rd dslr? Is it good system? Look at E300!

spiderman said:
Affordable price? Any idea of how much it will cost? Price range? :dunno:

It will run you dry but keep you hanging on!!! :bigeyes:

Like in the case of Oly E300, sell body with 1 kit lens as sweetener, really cheap ........ but try buying the other lenses for the camera ........... :sweat:

LifeWorld said:
Oh ya, Leica not into 4/3rd lenses. Wonder why Panasonic chose to go into 4/3rd dslr? Is it good system? Look at E300!

No comment yet on the 4/3 system. Having more choices is always good.

Status
Not open for further replies.