Get Mac now or wait till PC Show?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thengz

Aug 29, 2007
Hey guys, just wondering, does Apple slash their prices or throw in extra goodies during the PC Show usually? Or are the prices for Mac's more or less fixed? Anyone have experience from past PC/IT Shows?

I'm thinking of getting a Mac soon, but with the PC Show round the corner, should I wait another month for the freebies/discounts that they might have?

Thanks in advance! ;)

You will only be getting different freebies,

Macs are just like LV, they dont slash prices like other brands do.

Price slash does not happen for Macs except when they are clearing some outdated models...

freebies, maybe.

price slash... bwahhaaaaa..... :sweatsm:

You will only be getting different freebies,

Macs are just like LV, they dont slash prices like other brands do.

Price slash does not happen for Macs except when they are clearing some outdated models...

Hmmm... Ok, and freebies such as? Any chance that the combined total might be worth 100 bucks? :think:

Hmmm... Ok, and freebies such as? Any chance that the combined total might be worth 100 bucks? :think:
Might be, i'm waiting for the PC show. If no good deals, then i contact my friend and buy direct. Haha.

GMAN

if it is free upgrade of RAM, then still ok cos the new imacs are using DDR3 RAMs. a bit more pricey than the previous generation's DDR2.

there's also the usual "top up $XXX to get a microsoft office" offer. dat is only useful if you really need office. other than that, iworks09 Pages works pretty well, save for a few formatting errors when porting over to office.

if it is free upgrade of RAM, then still ok cos the new imacs are using DDR3 RAMs. a bit more pricey than the previous generation's DDR2.

there's also the usual "top up $XXX to get a microsoft office" offer. dat is only useful if you really need office. other than that, iworks09 Pages works pretty well, save for a few formatting errors when porting over to office.

Is iWorks 09 included in the new Macs or is there only iLife? From what I see from the website, its only iLife? :think:

Is iWorks 09 included in the new Macs or is there only iLife? From what I see from the website, its only iLife? :think:

iworks have to be bought separately. overall... it is still cheaper than buying mac office.

unless it is REALLY impt to have office...then buy. or else, if can get by on iworks, get iworks.

dats why unless the PC show is offering free RAM upgrades which outside shops are not offering during the show, then buy. if the shops outside are offering free RAM upgrades during the same show... then i rather go to the shops to buy. i really hate the shows' crowds... :sweat:

Don't wait... it's almost the same.... i rather you spend the time to source for contacts inside MAC or retailers to get a cheaper price.

Hey guys, just wondering, does Apple slash their prices or throw in extra goodies during the PC Show usually? Or are the prices for Mac's more or less fixed? Anyone have experience from past PC/IT Shows?

I'm thinking of getting a Mac soon, but with the PC Show round the corner, should I wait another month for the freebies/discounts that they might have?

Thanks in advance! ;)

If you are not in hurry, you can wait and see what they offers then decide for yourself.

The Mac I brought last time came with free RAM upgrade ,,, but cant saved much :(

The recent mac brought came with iLife .... HTH

Get now... lunch time... got free coca cola glass with upsized EVM...

... oh, wrong mac... :sweatsm:

I'm more of a Carl's Jr kind of guy. That Mac just don't cut. Small insy-winsy burgers...

Seems like the over-riding consensus is that the other Mac won't be giving much discounts at the PC Show, I'll probably get the Mac before the show then! ;)

I'd suggest wait a little more. To me, the freebies are worth the wait, since i don't need to waste anymore money and time buying them, things like keyboard protector, laptop sleeve. But the quality of those are questionable, since they're free. :D

I'd suggest wait a little more. To me, the freebies are worth the wait, since i don't need to waste anymore money and time buying them, things like keyboard protector, laptop sleeve. But the quality of those are questionable, since they're free. :D

I think Epicentre and iShop having promotions too, which includes free keyboard protector, thinking of getting from them. :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.