Get Mac now or wait till PC Show?

Status
Not open for further replies.
TS,

To throw in another consideration factor, it is rumored that the new OS Snow Leopard might be released this year (nobody knows exactly when of course). Though the preview was announced and developers were given access for their developing of software compatibilities. Remember, new OS will be loaded in all macs when it is officially launched. If you get your macs before these launch, its obvious you goto purchase the OS thereafter.

Yes, getting a mac (more so macbook/Pro/AIR) consists of accessories that might be useful to get too. But agree with the rest that prices of the machines should not vary much. Instead if you're looking for more discounts etc, you should look at education/Employee purchase program discounts or better still, friends who works with the apple retailers (but even so, not everyone will be able to get at staff rate).

But having said all that, it'll always be in a waiting game when it comes with technology, get what you need, when you need it.

All the best in your hunt for that mac! No regrets! :p

If you can ask this question of "Get Mac now or wait till PC Show?" means you can wait. :bsmilie:

If you are really got urgent need, you wouldn't even have time to ask this Qn already.

TS,

To throw in another consideration factor, it is rumored that the new OS Snow Leopard might be released this year (nobody knows exactly when of course). Though the preview was announced and developers were given access for their developing of software compatibilities. Remember, new OS will be loaded in all macs when it is officially launched. If you get your macs before these launch, its obvious you goto purchase the OS thereafter.

Yes, getting a mac (more so macbook/Pro/AIR) consists of accessories that might be useful to get too. But agree with the rest that prices of the machines should not vary much. Instead if you're looking for more discounts etc, you should look at education/Employee purchase program discounts or better still, friends who works with the apple retailers (but even so, not everyone will be able to get at staff rate).

But having said all that, it'll always be in a waiting game when it comes with technology, get what you need, when you need it.

All the best in your hunt for that mac! No regrets! :p

Thanks for the useful information! ;)

If you can ask this question of "Get Mac now or wait till PC Show?" means you can wait. :bsmilie:

If you are really got urgent need, you wouldn't even have time to ask this Qn already.

Yes, I can wait for the PC Show, or wait for my desktop to fail on me, which ever comes first. It has been cranky of late.

Thanks for the useful information! ;)

Yes, I can wait for the PC Show, or wait for my desktop to fail on me, which ever comes first. It has been cranky of late.
Mine's about the same situation as you. Haha. Which imac you getting?

GMAN

hi TS.

snow leopard is a 64 bit OS which will not be released to end users like us. Dont bother to wait for PC Shows. coz mac prices are controlled. you are buying a premium brand. at pc shows, u will most likely get freebies. like free ram upgrades. protectors for keyboard or screen. stuff like that. things that u can actually bargain with the SLS authorised resellers. so yeah. do not need to wait for PC shows. and u need microsoft equivalent. u can try Openoffice. it works fine on mine. can be save as .doc no problems

Cheers

hi TS.

snow leopard is a 64 bit OS which will not be released to end users like us. Dont bother to wait for PC Shows. coz mac prices are controlled. you are buying a premium brand. at pc shows, u will most likely get freebies. like free ram upgrades. protectors for keyboard or screen. stuff like that. things that u can actually bargain with the SLS authorised resellers. so yeah. do not need to wait for PC shows. and u need microsoft equivalent. u can try Openoffice. it works fine on mine. can be save as .doc no problems

Cheers
I sokong(concur)!

I sokong(concur)!

hi TS.

Cheers

then its time to BUY BUY BUY! :p am looking to upgrade my macbook to the new alu one too~

then its time to BUY BUY BUY! :p am looking to upgrade my macbook to the new alu one too~

Oh .... U mac user? sell ur old mac to me cheap cheap lah ... then u go buy ur alu mac. hehe

But TS, if u can wait, then u are don't need it. If u want to buy it then buy it.

Oh .... U mac user? sell ur old mac to me cheap cheap lah ... then u go buy ur alu mac. hehe

But TS, if u can wait, then u are don't need it. If u want to buy it then buy it.

yeshh, but noooo, no sell no sell to you.. you arh. :kok:

okok, this is OT already!

I've decided to get the education package. Save 200 bucks, and choose the freebies I want. Now looking for schooling friends. :bsmilie:

I've decided to get the education package. Save 200 bucks, and choose the freebies I want. Now looking for schooling friends. :bsmilie:

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

If you have budget constraint, you might want to check Apple store to see if they have refurbished sets, can save you some money. These refurbished sets come with 1Y global warranty too. Also, OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) should be out sometimes in the 3Q this year, my prediction is end of August and should see it pre-install on all new Macs by September. That's only my guess. Apple will make an announcement on June 8 2009 @ WWDC.

Last edited:
hi

yes. refurbished set are cetainly cheaper and can be an option for you. but if im not mistaken. they may have done some replacement . for example. the refurbished sets are bundled with a lower end graphic cards. i might be wrong. you might want to check online apple store.

Cheers

yeshh, but noooo, no sell no sell to you.. you arh. :kok:

okok, this is OT already!

haha .. why not. be a part to save the earth. sell or recondition it. lolx but i still say old mac still better then latest version. Cos it can last. lolx ... Enough of OT .. TS just do what u think the best lah. There is no right or wrong. Only now or later.

I've been eyeing Imac 20" for quite sometime now. And i notice the price is not gettin any lower but gettin higher...lolx. So I don't think the price will get any lower then now maybe jus like most of the guys are saying here, maybe freebie might be the best thing to look forward too.

The apple online store seems to never have refurbished imacs. Usually notebooks and occassionaly, a mini.

Someone I know in the US got a refurbished 24" and they've been pretty happy with it. Going strong now for 2+ years.

hi

i still have my doubts in windows being as stable as mac OS

Status
Not open for further replies.