Get KT a replacement DSLR Fund

Status
Not open for further replies.

espn

Deregistered
Dec 20, 2002
Planet Nikon
Foreword:

Alright, we've all known about KT's misfortunate accident over his loss of equipment, the value's worth we all know.

After reading and hearing about KT's predicament over the fact that his equipment is unable to be recovered, I as a friend, would like to help KT out in a very simple manner. Like KT's wife and others mentioned, everything is monetary in this case, so simply, monetary issues can resolve a bit of pain for KT.

Hereby, I'm intending to setup a fund to help KT get back at least a DSLR - 1st Hand D200 + Grip (est $3K, price gauged by TMC in Japan) or 2nd hand D2H (Buy and Sell forum).

Those who are interested may proceed to do/help KT in this manner, this is by no means any way to force people to feel obligated to help KT, I'm just doing what I can as a friend and not expecting anything in return.

So if anybody has ANY issues with this, OT posts will be reported to Mods and removed without notice.

Action:
There's NO MINIMUM amount you can donate, $1, $0.50 is also good.

This list is consolidated from KT's thread earlier.

Anybody else interested, please list down, once the amount is hit, i will proceed to get him a set. If you want to remain anonymous, please PM me instead. I will send a PM to all to collect the money once the amount is reached.

All we need is 30 people (with $100 ea, again no minimum limit) to do this.

Donars - Amount*
=============
1) espn - S$100
2) TMC - S$100 (Will source for good stuff over here)
3) ernest_ted - S$100
4) Dennis - S$100
5) agape01 = S$50

Hit Est: 15%
Target: $3K for D200 + MB-D200

*As at 30 Dec 2005 10.48am

Hit Est: 10%

Banal talks and those who think I've got ulterior motives, please note, OT posts will be reported to Mods and removed without notice.

Foreword:

Alright, we've all known about KT's misfortunate accident over his loss of equipment, the value's worth we all know.

After reading and hearing about KT's predicament over the fact that his equipment is unable to be recovered, I as a friend, would like to help KT out in a very simple manner. Like KT's wife and others mentioned, everything is monetary in this case, so simply, monetary issues can resolve a bit of pain for KT.

Hereby, I'm intending to setup a fund to help KT get back at least a DSLR - 1st Hand D200 + Grip (est $3K, price gauged by TMC in Japan) or 2nd hand D2H (Buy and Sell forum).

Those who are interested may proceed to do/help KT in this manner, this is by no means any way to force people to feel obligated to help KT, I'm just doing what I can as a friend and not expecting anything in return.

So if anybody has ANY issues with this, OT posts will be reported to Mods and removed without notice.

Action:

Anybody else interested, please list down, once the amount is hit, i will proceed to get him a set. If you want to remain anonymous, please PM me instead. I will send a PM to all to collect the money once the amount is reached.

Donars - Amount
=============
1) espn - S$100
3) ernest_ted - S$100
4) Dennis - S$100

Banal talks and those who think I've got ulterior motives, please note, OT posts will be reported to Mods and removed without notice.

Action:

Donars - Amount
=============
1) espn - S$100
3) ernest_ted - S$100
4) Dennis - S$100
5) agape01 = S$50

Alright, as of this morning, we've a target hit of 15%. Keep going guys. :thumbsup:

Upz for KT, how come no more coming in? :think:

Hey espn, TMC, ernest_ted, Dennis and agape01

Thanks for your concern and support to me.
At the time of my setback, you guys have shown a great helping hand and advise to me.
But this gift is too heavy for me to accept and also at this moment, I have an D70 for my tentative usage. So no problem lor.

Hence, I think it is best to cancel the fund arrangement. :)

King Tiger said:

At the time of my setback, you guys have shown a great helping hand and advise to me.
But this gift is too heavy for me to accept and also at this moment, I have an D70 for my tentative usage. So no problem lor.

:thumbsup: :heart:

King Tiger said:

Then we'll move on to the next best thing. :thumbsup: A SB-800 ;)

Yeh or a 17-55, at least replace some lost items in his bag depending on how much we can gather. :)

espn said:
Then we'll move on to the next best thing. :thumbsup: A SB-800 ;)

Action:

Donars - Amount
=============
1) espn - S$100
3) ernest_ted - S$100
4) Dennis - S$100
5) agape01 - S$50
6) jnet6 - $50

King Tiger said:

:thumbsup: Well said. If you are guys are in a charitable mood, why not donate the $ to the needy where every cent and dollar can do much more for them instead of spending it on luxury items.

King Tiger said:

Hence, I think it is best to cancel the fund arrangement.

:thumbsup: I like your style!

shutterfly said:
Well said. If you are guys are in a charitable mood, why not donate the $ to the needy where every cent and dollar can do much more for them instead of spending it on luxury items.

:thumbsup: Well said for you too!

KT, well said. I hope your new gear will be even better.

I'm in Australia, I can be on the look out for your stuff, but I think people lie over the internet regarding serial numbers. Besides, I think the offenders might have sold it in Malaysia, which would make it difficult to track. Regardless, press on if you can.

Happy new year to all.

TMC said:
Pls keep the thread clean from banal talks and OTs. Thanks.
Thanks TMC, upz for KT.

Donars - Amount
=============
1) espn - S$100
3) ernest_ted - S$100
4) Dennis - S$100
5) agape01 - S$50
6) jnet6 - $50

Hit Est: ~17%

King Tiger said:

to make everyone happy, let the collection rolls. At the end of it, instead of taking the gift, take the cash and donate the money to charity. They are happy, you are happy, and the needy will also be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.