Nov 12, 2004
Hougang
Hi. Please comment on my pics.

normal_Heidelberg%2015%20Jan%20001-resized.jpg

normal_Heidelberg%2015%20Jan%20011-resized.jpg

normal_Heidelberg%2015%20Jan%20013-rezized.jpg

normal_Walldorf%20-%20walk%20in%20the%20park%20009%20-resized.jpg

normal_P1000860-post.JPG

Generally, the pics looks quite soft to me. Could be due to reduced size too much???

Anyway, just my 2c, hope you don't mind.

#1: Would help if the left side black thing is cropped out. Tends to distract.

#3 have this glare from the sun at the top right? Maybe can cropped it out

#5: Nice

#6: Well taken!

Jack Chen said:
Nice shots. BTW how U manage to shot pic #6 so close??? :thumbsup:

If I am not wrong, it is 48x zoom with either a steady hand or camera stand - right ?
agree with tchuanye on #1,2, rest are nice.
#2 - glare is always a problem without the hood or good filter.

The 1st 2 pics are rather soft. 3rd one will be nice if the lady could just look up (but then sometimes we have no choice).

Err ... why post here? They should be in the Land/City-scapes and Travel section

Same ans from the rest.

If he is using FZ20, capturing the Moon is not diffcult :)

For the first pic, i will crop off the left. There's something coming out. :)

Nicely taken. Btw, 2nd link, I bet you had put the wrong url :cool:

Hi all, thanks for your comments. Dun worry, would like your frank opinions so i can learn. :)

tchuanye:
i dun know why they look soft leh. It was a really sunny day and there were no clouds in the sky, so lighting is really harsh. Will that be a reason for the softness? :dunno:

1: yup, agree, will crop off the black part.
2:yup, sun is that direction, wanted to take the full dam/bridge but tried not to include the sun liao, so the glare is there.

Jack:
Thanks! erm..tripod and 12x zoom on FZ20 for number 6.

Howdy:
Nope, 12x only. ;) Always turn off my digital zoom. Moon picture taken with tripod.

2: Actually i used a Polarizer for my shots that day cos it was really sunny. How to reduce the glare? :think:

renegade:
Yea, soft pictures, i also dunnoe the reason. 3rd pic is candid shot, and it was zoomed abt 3/4 times.

josho:
Thanks! Yea, will put the correct one one the next post. :embrass:

For the moon shot, there's a tinge of red on the outline of the moon and some parts of it. Why is this so?

1: better now? I was hoping to make the sun's rays more distinct. What settings should i use to take such pictures where you can see the lines of the sun's rays??

normal_Heidelberg%2015%20Jan%20001-resized.jpg

2: the missing one

normal_Heidelberg%2015%20Jan%20002-resized.jpg

7:

normal_Stitched-resized.JPG

8: Was hoping the little girl would turn, and she did! Too bad there was a sign covering part of the horse's eye... :( candid shots not easy to have what you wanna take.

Walldorf%20-%20walk%20in%20the%20park%20017-post%20resized.jpg

Well, i find the streak of sunlight in the centre distracting (first photo)... haaa... i tot u never clean ur filter at first...

The second one was not bad, but it is not as striking i guess, abit soft, did u do anything to the saturation and sharpness on the camera...???

How life in germany, how long before u coming back...

Cheers...

Thanks Hongjia,
for the first pic, that streak was an aircraft flying in the sky. Still winter period so its cold, and the aircraft will leave a streak of vapour. The second one, did some minor adjustments on saturation and contrast on the comp. Camera settings i left all to normal mode. Dunnoe hwy my shots all quite soft also. :(

Life here ok lor, dun understand german, so tv nothing to watch, boring man..haha..dnnoe when coming back, should be in a couple of months. Hopefully can join you guys on your photoshoot outings! :)

i should think for your first shot, in order to capture the sun's rays, you would either meter the scene for the brighter part....but the rest of the pic would just be a silhouette

or alternatively, you can use a graduated ND filter. with that, you should be able to correctly expose bright skies with the scenery.

maybe would want to adjust your circ-polarizer to get better contrast?

not too sure if all of these suggestions will work....

pai seh if i get it wrong... :p

Thanks codling, will try it out when i have the opportunity. My brother said that its not possible to capture cos of the limitation of the aperture size of the FZ20. The smaller the aperture (bigger F stop) will result in more distinct lines of the rays according to what he said.

yea, i kept on turning the CP but sometimes like cannot see much difference leh...maybe it was too bright a day and the evf abit hard to see...or maybe the polarized light coming in from that direction was too little to cause any effect.

snapMan said:
Thanks codling, will try it out when i have the opportunity. My brother said that its not possible to capture cos of the limitation of the aperture size of the FZ20. The smaller the aperture (bigger F stop) will result in more distinct lines of the rays according to what he said.

yea, i kept on turning the CP but sometimes like cannot see much difference leh...maybe it was too bright a day and the evf abit hard to see...or maybe the polarized light coming in from that direction was too little to cause any effect.

Snapman, you can try using M mode, and adjust the apeture and shutter manually. The EVF will give you the feedback on the effect that you want, so that you can adjust the settings to get what you want.

You r right about the CP, it only works best at certain angles.

Pics seems a bit soft to me. I'm sure your cam is capable of more than this. Or is it due to the downsizing?:dunno:

Val%20014-resized.jpg

yea, i know the cam is capable of taking sharper shots...hmm, been wondering if its cos of the bright sun that day..or maybe my UV guard / CP (flaring??)...Used P mode, perhaps thats my mistake...the original pic is worse before i adjusted contrast and resized... :(

exif for 1:
- F/4
- 1/400sec
- focal length 8.1mm
- metering center-weighted.

snapMan said:

my guess is that you are trying something like this??
http://triggerhappy.myphotoalbum.com/albums/aroundInleLake/IMG_1867.jpg

ExposureTime - 1/250 seconds
FNumber - 3.50
MeteringMode - Multi-segment
ExposureMode - Manual
WhiteBalance - Auto
Contrast - Normal
Saturation - Normal
Sharpness - Normal
ISO Value - 50
Metering mode - Evaluative

Status