German photo retailer, Foto Koch lists the rumoured Canon D60 for sale with details!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edmund

ClubSNAP Admin
Staff member
Jan 17, 2002
Singapore
eoslightbox.com
Hmmm... let's hope the AF is much faster...
The burst is only 3/sec up to 8 shots...

What is the D1x burst rate??

D1x is 3fps for 9, essentially the same.

Originally posted by willyfoo
Hmmm... let's hope the AF is much faster...
The burst is only 3/sec up to 8 shots...

What is the D1x burst rate??

however much i want to believe it, the AF is unlikely to be that much faster. Canon looks to be just putting out a double-D30-megapixel replacement digital SLR with very minute improvements in other areas.

With the same sensor size (same 1.6x multiplier IF you believe that page and the rumours going around), stuck with essentially the same body (again if u follow the rumours), there is unlikely room for any improvement to the AF sensor. Focus points have not increased either, which points to Canon essentially using the same AF sensor for the same CMOS sensor size.

those focus points better light up - in RED, no less, for me to even consider upgrading :) otherwise....1D here we come..... :p

Originally posted by Bluestrike
Wow 6+MP ........

But don't know if it CCD or Cmos.... well I can wait.........

that's 6 MP with the same sensor size as the D30, packing twice as many smaller megapixels within the same area.

conventional wisdom tells us that that would lead to increase noise and poorer high ISO performance, but let's hope Canon manage to overcome that problem, as they have done so with the first CMOS sensor in the prosumer digital SLR market :)

Originally posted by Red Dawn

those focus points better light up - in RED, no less, for me to even consider upgrading :) otherwise....1D here we come..... :p

Is it possible that they don't put these features in on purpose else it will kill the sales of 1D??

Originally posted by willyfoo

Is it possible that they don't put these features in on purpose else it will kill the sales of 1D??

well, AF points light up is present even in the beginner EOS 300 SLR. The EOS 300 has 7 AF points, no less. No excuse for omitting that out of the D60 this time!

no it wun kill the 1D. The 1D is in a class all its own......

Originally posted by Red Dawn

well, AF points light up is present even in the beginner EOS 300 SLR. The EOS 300 has 7 AF points, no less. No excuse for omitting that out of the D60 this time!

no it wun kill the 1D. The 1D is in a class all its own......

oops......right after i posted that one, i realised i may have made a mistake. Does the AF points of the EOS 300 light up? Hmmm.........I know the EOS 30's does.......so does the EOS 50......

nevertheless, lighting AF points are not features that will kill off sales of the 1D :p

I know the cheapo Dynax 5's does.. and it costs like a Canon 500...

Status
Not open for further replies.