Geoff Ang's public talk today(Sun, 14 Mar)

Status
Not open for further replies.

reachme2003

Oct 6, 2003
Geoff Ang's talk today at 2pm at Singapore History Museum was titled 'Shooting fashion in our own backyard' was a sharing and refreshing experience. He was sharing his sources of inspiration and his portfolios of his work here and around the region.
He shared four videos of his pre-production and post-production works.

Today's Sunday Times three full pages advertisement of Haagen-Dazs Ice cream was shot by Geoff.

An afterthought by me. After listening to him, his style and professionalism is like Willie Tang when Willie was in his prime. However, Geoff is much younger. Anyway, Willie has recently retired, I was told. (I think that not many people in Clubsnap know who Willie is)

Geoff Ang's works are really great! It has been an eye-opener. His fashion shots are impressive and would definitely like to see more of his pictures. Wondering if he has a personal website so that we can see more of his pictures online.

yes, i agree. i was at the talk too.
being in the biz for a relative short time of about 6 months... Geoff surprise me with his candid insight into the biz.

the talk was really a very enriching experience.

ya....damn encouraging n inspiring...given me much insight to the fashion photography world and its workflow....really looking forwards to see more of his works.

i like the way he injects the 'fun' elements into his shoots...making the whole environment fun and cheerful.

Hoping to have more of this talks in Singapore.... :thumbsup:

hi, did Geoff mention Wacom tablet at his talk? just to be sure.

Yezrah said:
Geoff Ang's works are really great! It has been an eye-opener. His fashion shots are impressive and would definitely like to see more of his pictures. Wondering if he has a personal website so that we can see more of his pictures online.

He has a website at www.geoffang.com of his works and yes he did mention about using his Wacom tablet for his DI

I wonder how a professional photographer like him start off acquire his photography gear and lightings ect. to produce his work? In order to start his business, surely he need startup cost right? Very young, talented n humorous guy.

hes more into fashion photography, and uses digital effects on some of his works. He also have an exhibition 'Walk with Fashion - Photo echibition by Geoff ANG' - going from 8April to 18April at Millenia walk. I think its free, so i will be heading there to take a look. I went to his studio before, very pro with DSLR link to PCs after shots by shots. He *edited* have an assitant name boon. He won last yrs's photographer of the year 2003 i think.

Boon is no longer working with Geoff?

Status
Not open for further replies.