genting photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

roadrunner_552

Aug 16, 2005
East
Hi guys, just back from genting, taken the photos wf my fz5.:)

golden tips twin tower

clouds

sky

cable car1

Good try
:D

All the photos being PS right?

#1 seem noisy and 1/80 at max zoom...ok la. Hmm I avoid this type of shoot, especially max zoom for taking landscape.

#3 also seem over ps, over saturated. Maybe next time when taking landscape/sky try to use A mode instead of P. Then spot meter on the part which gives the best overall histogram. and if possible reduce exposure compensation <1 to try out for the sky.

#4 nice sky and clouds but foreground very under, can ps. Try other metering mode and most importantly look at your histogram as you shot.

Ok la...my newbie comments. Cheers~ ;)

haha thanx for the comment, i will learn more.:D

dominator said:
Ok la...my newbie comments. Cheers~ ;)

u ?? a newbie ?? :sticktong

dominator said:
#1 seem noisy and 1/80 at max zoom...ok la. Hmm I avoid this type of shoot, especially max zoom for taking landscape.

maybe u can try Neat Image to clear a bit of the noise... not sure if it will work but no harm trying...

COMMENT ALSO FROM A NEWBIE ( quoted by Dominator .. borrow to use here..) ... :bsmilie:

k3nn3th03 said:
maybe u can try Neat Image to clear a bit of the noise... not sure if it will work but no harm trying...

COMMENT ALSO FROM A NEWBIE ( quoted by Dominator .. borrow to use here..) ...

KNS! :angry:
you member earlier than me so i still newer of the newbie!!! :bsmilie:

k3nn3th03 said:

COMMENT ALSO FROM A NEWBIE ( quoted by Dominator .. borrow to use here..) ... :bsmilie:

hehe ok roger ;)

The 1st pic is the best if your camera can zoom even closer to the towers. Everything is there waiting for you to capture the scene, but your zoom is not enough though.
Anyway, if you have the opp to shot the same scene & if the same lighting happens to be there, zoom in a lot more (with whatever equipment you can) & shoot either hori or vert.:)
Happy shooting dude.

judging from the distance..think that's about the most he can zoom..or rather most people can zoom..unless he own a 1200mm and still need to crop 20% i think. :sweat:

FZ5owner said:
did u use TCON for #1????

how to use TCON ???

pls advise..

i never use tcon. just the normal fz5

A-Von said:
judging from the distance..think that's about the most he can zoom..or rather most people can zoom..unless he own a 1200mm and still need to crop 20% i think. :sweat:

haha actually it is very farrrr away from my hotel room window. lol :)

roadrunner_552 said:
haha actually it is very farrrr away from my hotel room window. lol :)

Seen your cloud shots taken in Genting, just to borrow your thread to share cloud shot, hope all of us here learn something from this shot:

DSC_4318a.jpg

This shot is original, no PS, no cropping at all.

Hope you don't mind. :)

Trees present on the left side appear to be coming out from no where. Just my POV only & no offence dude.:) Nice exposure though.:)

Spectrum said:
Trees present on the left side appear to be coming out from no where. Just my POV only & no offence dude.:) Nice exposure though.:)

You are right.

That's why I stated that "no PS, no cropping". Just want to show the original. It was taken wide, that leave me with room to crop it if I want. :)

Being said that, the whole purpose is to show the exposure. It is not easy to get the correct exposure for this kind of shot, particularly when there is a big contract between the tree (dark) and the clouds (bright).

Cropped version below:

DSC_4318a-cropped.jpg

Trees is always turn out to be a silhouette when you want to expose the sky correctly.:)

Spectrum said:
Trees is always turn out to be a silhouette when you want to expose the sky correctly.:)

That's the beauty of it, isn't it? ;)

JimDavis said:
That's the beauty of it, isn't it? ;)

Never more than agree dude. If you can also have a variety colours from the sunrise/sunset sky might show different mood too.:)

Spectrum said:
Never more than agree dude. If you can also have a variety colours from the sunrise/sunset sky might show different mood too.:)

Believe it or not, the photo was taken in the afternoon, if I do not remember wrongly, it should be around 3pm, not sunrise, nor sun set. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.