Organised by: Genting City of Entertainment
Assisted by: Society of Photographers-Malaysia and ALIF Creative Academy
Sponsored by: Star Cruises
Supported by: Tourism Malaysia
Interested to participate? Get the entry forms from Alif College or Society of Photographers. The entry forms are also available at all hotels in Genting Highlands Resort (Genting Hotel, Highlands Hotel, Resort Hotel, Theme Park Hotel, First World Hotel concierge counter / guest services counter) and Awana Genting Highlands, Awana Porto Malai and Awana Kijal Golf, Beach & Spa Resort front desk.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. The competition is open to all local & foreign participants except to members of the organising committee of the Society of Photographers-Malaysia, employees of the Genting Group and Advertising Agencies.
2. The Competition will commence from 18 January 2005 and the closing date for entries is the 30 March 2005. Proof of postage is not proof of receipt. Entries received after the closing date will not be entertained.
3. All entries must be original works and have not been published or won any award. Manipulation of photo images with whatever source or method resulting in changes of atmosphere, position, situation and content is strictly prohibited.
4. Each participant is entitled to submit as many entries as he/she likes with any number of prints per entry. All photos must be taken at the following locations
5. * Genting Highlands Resort including Awana Genting Highlands Resort Golf & Country Resort.
Participants are required to obtain an Entry Pass from Alif College to take photographs at the Genting Outdoor Theme Park.
* Awana Kijal Golf & Beach Resort, Terengganu
* Awana Porto Malai, Langkawi
6. All entries must be sent to the following address:
Genting 40th Anniversary Photography Competition
The Splendour of Genting
C/O Alif College Sdn Bhd
5, Jalan 20/14, Paramount Garden,
46300, Petaling Jaya, Selangor
1. All photos submitted must be in colour and accompanied by their coloured negatives / CD in jpg format (when using digital cameras). Colour negative films are to be either in 35mm or 120 format. Participants are free to use their own choice of colour negative. The size of the colour print should be 8 inches x 12 inches and mounted on black cardboard with 1-inch border.
2. The entry form is to be pasted behind the cardboard.
1. All entries will be considered by a panel of judges. Entries will be judged mainly on their originality, creativity, special phtographic effects and whether they best reflect the theme of the competition.
2. Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entertained.
3. Winners will be announced in the local dailies and notified by post and invited to a prize giving ceremony.
4. Prizes are neither transferable nor cash exchangeable.
MODE OF PAYMENT
1. Each entry must include RM10.00 as processing fees for local participants and USD3.00 for foreign participants to Alif College.
1. All photographs for the competition will not be returned and shall become the property of Resorts World Bhd.
2. Resorts World Bhd shall be allowed to keep, exihibit, use and make copies of all photographs without prior consent from or payment to participant.
3. Participants will be responsible for any talent fees incurred. Resorts World Bhd will not be liable for any claims from talents as a result of this competition.
4. All entries, including the negatives / CD in jpg format (when using digital cameras) submitted will become the property of Resorts World Bhd and the company reserves the right to use the submitted entries in any way deemed fit without any payment.
RISK & LIABILITY
1. The Organiser shall not be held responsible for entries that are damaged or lost through post. All entries will not be returned.
2. Participants shall be personally responsible for their personal safety and Resorts World Bhd, Alif College and the Society of Photographers Malaysia shall not be held liable in the event of any loss, damage, personal injury, or death suffered as a result of participation in this competition.