Gears in the field

slmka

Dec 5, 2004
I am just wondering...is it just me. Or does anyone else bring both their monopod and tripod when they are out for shooting? How do you keep everything in place?

nedy77

Jun 21, 2005
There are some tripods that can be converted into a monopod. You can search for them. That will save you the trouble of bringing two out

zac08

Feb 21, 2005
East
I am just wondering...is it just me. Or does anyone else bring both their monopod and tripod when they are out for shooting? How do you keep everything in place?
depends on situation... at night, mostly it's the tripod which will be a better choice. :)

Reportage

Nov 24, 2008
see the venue and what you are shooting.

for my case, i bring out monopod more then my field tripod.

enzeru21

Apr 7, 2010
upper thomson
early morning, low light, indoors low light, evening, night, light trails...

there are many times when you need a tripod.. so just bring lor.. getting photos that turn out nice, will be better then saving some weight while traveling

Akatsuki

Mar 2, 2008
Serangoon
www.alanang.smugmug.com
best is no need to bring... ;)

but if night shoot... die also must bring tripod...

for long lens usage in daytime (e.g. airshow/portrait) ... a monopod will suffice...

Squid

Jun 10, 2004
...does anyone else bring both their monopod and tripod when they are out for shooting? How do you keep everything in place?
Select monopod or tripod depends on expected shoots of the day or moment. Others have already given their opinion.

Tripod need not always be the one referred to by various members. Smaller tripods from Manfrotto or Vanguards. More unusual tripod would be from Castwind with similar model seen at K13 too.

How do you keep everything in place?
A tripod convertible to monopod, as other members have advocated, is an option. A back pack or sling bag or shoulder bag with built-in tripod or monopod strapping option, instead of an additional separate bag for tripod, helps to keep everything in place.

dingaroo

Dec 6, 2009
Singapore | East
Bring my gear along to work ... sling my tripod across the chest everywhere I go.

Tripod, when needed, I strap to my chair.

Top Bottom