Gears for Yangtze Cruise in Dec

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldchaptoday

Feb 25, 2009
Dear bros & sis in-camera, i will be floating (on a boat) along Yangtze from Yining to Chongqing (the regular tourist route) in Dec. Must be cold. Just need advise from guys & gals on gears & tips. Do i need a GND filter? Never been there before & don't know what to expect. Got Chinese mermaids in the river ah? Thank you very much.

I guess one important thing you should consider is if you are able to recharge your batteries and offload pictures.

The rest, i don't think how it will be different from taking any scenery pictures elsewhere.

GND filter would be helpful i guess.

Also have some preparation against wet weather.

Thanks. Heard Guangzhou already snowing yesterday. Brrrrrrrrrrrr. Borrowing batteries from friends and foes. I was in a cold place once, D70 battery just drained in front of my eyes. Without shots, memories are just like the meteor showers of last night.

Thanks. Heard Guangzhou already snowing yesterday. Brrrrrrrrrrrr. Borrowing batteries from friends and foes. I was in a cold place once, D70 battery just drained in front of my eyes. Without shots, memories are just like the meteor showers of last night.

Guangzhou hardly snows. Today's high is about 15C going up to 20C on Monday (BBC weather forecast). Where you are heading for the cruise will be considerably colder though.

That's real good news. Heard HK was coldest yesterday for the last 128 years of recorded met history. But low pressure from south has pushed the cold all the way up north. Thanks for replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.