Gear for Taman Negara

Status
Not open for further replies.

snapperBB

Sep 26, 2005
Upper Changi Road
Hi all,
I will be going on a short trip to Taman Negara National Park with my family and this is my first trip. I thought of bringing the 70-200IS coupled with 20D and a Olympus 5060 prosumer camera (28-105) for shooting. Would it be practical?

I don't think I have the luxury of time to take macro, though I love to.:)

Anybody can advise?

Plenty of chances to take macro (fungus, plants, insect) but light under the canopy is rather low. Tripid will be recommended.

The last time I went, our group even have the chance to "capture" a snake. Your 70-200 will be real useful on this one. :)

If you can bear the weight, maybe a flash for illumination when under canopy cover..
Other than that, you're good to go..

Most pple will nap when on the boat ride up the river to Taman Negara.. I suggest you mount your long lens and try spotting wildlife along the river..

I rem when I was there, buffalo, monitors, hornbills, monkeys can be seen on the boat ride there.. You may want to just use your prosumer cam when exploring the caves.. You may be on your hands and knees, coz some of the surfaces can be slippery.. Ain't no place to bang up your L-lens.. ;)

Enjoy!!

ur gear is good to go.

forget abt the flash, u be scaring away lots of animals.

Bring zip loc bags and get those plastic rain hood. Can get very wet and humid.
Tip from Ang Moh nature photographer friend years ago - use a hair drier to blow warm air on your lenses before storing them in the zip loc. Flash for macros is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.