Gd buy for EOS 450D?

Status
Not open for further replies.

crysstall

May 28, 2009
hi guys,

i am pretty new to dslr and i finally committed to the 450D.

however, I am just wondering if I had gotten a good, or at least reasonable deal for my purchase.

here are the stuff tt i bought (together with the freebies):

1. 450D body + kit lens
2. EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 IS
3. 2 x 8gb Toshiba class 4 SDHC cards
4. 1 extra battery LP-E5
5. 2 x steinzeiser filter 58mm UV filter
6. 1 small canon digital camera bag (more for PnS) with cleaning kit and a mini tripod
7. 1 full size tripod (can't remember the model)
8. 1 steinzeiser dslr bag
9. 1 30L dry box
10. 1 piece screen protector
11. 1 canon dslr photography magazine

think tts abt it. total i paid about $1700 but i managed to pay using interest-free installments using my credit card.

was i "overcharged"? thanks! ;)

The kit set + 55-250mm should be around $1500-1520 so the rest of the stuff you've got should be worth about $200? I think your purchase price is reasonable.

The more important thing now is how you are going to use the gears. Go out and shoot more and enjoy the new camera. Don't worry about the price you have paid since it is now history.

hi crysstall,

you done the 1st step (getting it), the next step (rather or more important) is to shoot & shoot & shoot.

do not look far way behind, look infront, buddy.

brgds/

thks guys :)

yup...i hope to be able to shoot more pictures that what i m shooting now with my PnS. haha.

will be going for a short trip to japan in june and tts where i be trigger happy.

btw, i will be going for a concert this saturday. any idea if i will be allowed to bring in my dslr with the 55 - 250mm?

hi crysstal,

welcome to CS! keep shooting! keep learning! (google, using search function here, borrow books from lib!)

oh, you are welcome to join us in our 450D TCSS thread in "kopitiam" section! :)

thks guys :)

yup...i hope to be able to shoot more pictures that what i m shooting now with my PnS. haha.

will be going for a short trip to japan in june and tts where i be trigger happy.

btw, i will be going for a concert this saturday. any idea if i will be allowed to bring in my dslr with the 55 - 250mm?

What kinda concert? Outdoor / indoor? Daytime / Night time?

Aperture too low to shoot for indoor concert esp if its far. You have flash?

hi guys,

however, I am just wondering if I had gotten a good, or at least reasonable deal for my purchase.

1. 450D body + kit lens
4. 1 extra battery LP-E5
6. 1 small canon digital camera bag (more for PnS) with cleaning kit and a mini tripod
9. 1 30L dry box

think tts abt it. total i paid about $1700 but i managed to pay using interest-free installments using my credit card.

why didn't your get Kit 2 instead, the 18-200mm lens? Cos i find it a chore to use 18-55 then switch to 55-250... and need to bring two lens out. :)

why didn't your get Kit 2 instead, the 18-200mm lens? Cos i find it a chore to use 18-55 then switch to 55-250... and need to bring two lens out. :)

If the freedom of changing lenses is a chore to you ... :dunno:

[...]was i "overcharged"? thanks! ;)

Isn't that question far too late? What sense does the answer make now? What can you do if we tell you that you could have saved 100 bucks when getting it from a different shop?
If you had asked the question before purchase we could have given you some advice about filters (seems some el-cheapo stuffs they throw in at HN) and tripods (many information here available about how to select and which brands to get where). But now it's too late for that. Go and use your gear, never ever compare prices again for the kit you got.
Learn about the basics of photography now and read up about your equipment. Along the way you might notice the limitations of your current equipment. Make some conscious and knowledgeable decisions then.

hi guys,

1. 450D body + kit lens
4. 1 extra battery LP-E5
9. 1 30L dry box

Which shop was it??

Isn't that question far too late? What sense does the answer make now? What can you do if we tell you that you could have saved 100 bucks when getting it from a different shop?
If you had asked the question before purchase we could have given you some advice about filters (seems some el-cheapo stuffs they throw in at HN) and tripods (many information here available about how to select and which brands to get where). But now it's too late for that. Go and use your gear, never ever compare prices again for the kit you got.
Learn about the basics of photography now and read up about your equipment. Along the way you might notice the limitations of your current equipment. Make some conscious and knowledgeable decisions then.

is a post-purchase-dissonance, this is a norm behaviour after spending big ticket item...

all i can said is this is an expensive hobby, and you will not stopped here.....

All the replies here are not answering the TS questions.

for me - OVERCHARGED by approximately $300.

I'm sure coz i got the same package in the list as you have exactly a year ago.
Now, related to the other posts here.. Move on.. Forget the price and go shooting.. Don't kill yourself. lol

well... your subject might be gone by the time you changed lens? :)

Then you might not be well prepared or you might just snapping around whatever moves :) If you are prepared for a certain theme, topic, subject then one should not encounter such problems. But ok, Murphy is everywhere ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.