[Gathering Interest] Photoshop Sharing Session (Not Limited to Landscapes)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh....when is the next session? Should join man

I myself enjoyed the getting together with like-minded folks using the same system. I saw for myself how WK uses liquify tool to a good effect which answered a lingering question all these while about the use of liquify in his works. The random sharing of bits of knowledge from fellow participants also gained some insights. Like i said before, i've always been amazed how the Pentax community gets together.

Perhaps we should have one such for other genres to tap on the knowledge of various Pentaxians as i'm curious how people process their macro, bird, model etc shots!

Last edited:
Agreed. I will keep a close watch for next session....

Thanks to WK, GX and BD for sharing their knowledge and workflow and Keny for the room and Seefei for the projector.
Learn some new things today.
Found my workflow in PS is similar to WK, using layers, soft erase, sandwhiched method, lens correction filter etc, also don't use masking too.
Another favorite tool I like is Histroy Brush, can help to undo mistake.
As for PS History, I'm not not worried on the max number allowed as I create snapshots if I think I'll be edting something major. :)

good to see everyone today
im quite new to the pentax family and hope to see you guys in future outings soon
i learnt quite abit today as well :)

I myself enjoyed the getting together with like-minded folks using the same system. I saw for myself how WK uses liquify tool to a good effect which answered a lingering question all these while about the use of liquify in his works. The random sharing of bits of knowledge from fellow participants also gained some insights. Like i said before, i've always been amazed how the Pentax community gets together.

Perhaps we should have one such for other genres to tap on the knowledge of various Pentaxians as i'm curious how people process their macro, bird, model etc shots!

Looks like I missed the use of the liquify tool.
Every time I use it, I end up liquifying my subject :D

Very informative sharing session from all Shifu, edutilos & wife, shiosaki and nitewalk, also Keny and Seefei to make this possible with the room and projector. A big thanks to you all. Kudos to all.

Ya i shall practice it on myself and liquify till i have 6pecs

Thanks for slides, they serve well for beginners like me !

Thanks everyone for coming. Hope it was helpful in some way.

Special mention to:
- Kenny (APD) for the kind provision of the venue even on a weekend, very grateful for your time;
- GX (shiosaki) and BD (nitewalk) for sharing their knowledge (I learnt quite a lot of new things, as you guys see my workflow is pretty simple);
- Seefei for providing the projector as well.

Here's the link of the presentation slides, if anyone's interested: https://www.dropbox.com/s/b59kqe1dsrnsbcz/Manual Blending & Other Tools.pdf

Remember, use a large soft brush for blending (whether you're erasing or masking). :) Cheers.

For seascapes, normally quite straightforward... Cityscapes will always be a problem since the buildings will be everywhere.. :)

Btw, thanks for linking up with APD for the venue earlier on. :)

Anyways, here's a photo of sharing in progress. Forgot to put it up earlier.

photo.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.