Gary Fong's LS II-ID vs LS-PJ


Status
Not open for further replies.

shs

Member
Nov 9, 2005
102
0
16
Which one do you guys prefer? Also, is LS II-Inverted Dome version available in Singapore? Where? How much? The PJ version is available at Cathay. Seeking for advice from all the lobang kings out there. Thanks a million!

p/s: By the way, I'm using SB-800. P1 is the type for this flash I suppose.
 

dahaoren

New Member
Jan 10, 2005
305
0
0
Somewhere outside Singapura
shs said:
Which one do you guys prefer? Also, is LS II-Inverted Dome version available in Singapore? Where? How much? The PJ version is available at Cathay. Seeking for advice from all the lobang kings out there. Thanks a million!

p/s: By the way, I'm using SB-800. P1 is the type for this flash I suppose.
Hi shs,

IIRC, the inverted dome version is already in singapore. try to call CP again. The inverted dome is sold separately from the diffuser (the translucent part). Someone in CS is doing a MO for this and so maybe do a search.;)
 

shs

Member
Nov 9, 2005
102
0
16
Thank you, you two gentlemen! I guess I'm late for the MO.
 

sk.images

New Member
Dec 9, 2005
1,244
0
0
www.pbase.com
dahaoren said:
Hi shs,

IIRC, the inverted dome version is already in singapore. try to call CP again. The inverted dome is sold separately from the diffuser (the translucent part). Someone in CS is doing a MO for this and so maybe do a search.;)
I was down at CP yesterday for something else, but asked about the ID anyway out of curiosity - they said two weeks before shipment arrives.
 

shs

Member
Nov 9, 2005
102
0
16
Two weeks from now? I'll be out of town by then. In fact, I want to get one by next Friday. My wedding & honeymoon is just 11 days from now, so that's why.
 

shs

Member
Nov 9, 2005
102
0
16
Thanks for the info & the link, dahaoren! There are a lot of lobang kings out there indeed. Thanks guys!
 

Hacker

Senior Member
Dec 6, 2005
4,257
2
38
Cyberspace
dahaoren said:
Hi shs,

IIRC, the inverted dome version is already in singapore. try to call CP again. The inverted dome is sold separately from the diffuser (the translucent part). Someone in CS is doing a MO for this and so maybe do a search.;)
$89 from CP
 

melnjes

Senior Member
Aug 12, 2003
1,200
1
38
$89 is for the lightsphere itself?
 

shs

Member
Nov 9, 2005
102
0
16
Went to Cathay last week. The LS-PJ alone is selling @S$70. So, I believe S$89 is inclusive of the dome as well. Not too sure though.
 

jacob

Deregistered
May 11, 2005
3,059
0
0
Former CS Senior Member
shs said:
Two weeks from now? I'll be out of town by then. In fact, I want to get one by next Friday. My wedding & honeymoon is just 11 days from now, so that's why.

CONGRATS!!!

P1 is for SB800. need extra photog?
 

V

vince123123

Guest
So far without having a dome to test, I still prefer the older version, ie the hard frosted plastic version. The new one doesn't do the job as well, although arguably, its more convenient than the old one.
 

espn

Deregistered
Dec 20, 2002
21,899
0
0
Planet Nikon
Yep.. inquired at CP today, ID is $19. But currently no stock :D
 

Status
Not open for further replies.