Garmin Nuvi 205w

Status
Not open for further replies.

lexus

Dec 28, 2008
Anyone out there know where to get this Garmin Nuvi 205w GPS system ? Pls help:what:

Must check the price to get a better deal. Helps when you are overseas if you also have the map of your place of visitation.

A question for users of car GPS gadgets.

Is the screen size important, as I know, one usually just need to hear the "voice" for driving directions.

Thanks!

Is the screen size important, as I know, one usually just need to hear the "voice" for driving directions.

Thanks!

both are as important... they compliment each other.

Anyone out there know where to get this Garmin Nuvi 205w GPS system ? Pls help:what:

Changi Airport has too (in the departure lounge). last check 3 weeks ago... the price is $367.00. if can get cheaper from outside, i'd like to know too.

it was 269 during IT show at eastgear booth.

bro,
are u very sure ? I called up east gear this afternoon abt this model, the guy told me is above $350 leh...

Get it from Perfect Watch at ground level of SLS. Look for Mr. Yan and mentioned my nick from MSM. Thanks.

Get it from Perfect Watch at ground level of SLS. Look for Mr. Yan and mentioned my nick from MSM. Thanks.

Hi

If we buy the 205w from Perfect Watch, does it comes with postal code search?

Can we search by road names eg: 101 Smith Street.

I've read through the thread over at MSM, wow seems like there are quite a few problems; users' lack of knowledge problem. That's what I'm afraid of cos I'm not good at downloading newest map version, softwares, etc, seems so complicated :embrass:

Hi

If we buy the 205w from Perfect Watch, does it comes with postal code search?

Can we search by road names eg: 101 Smith Street.

I've read through the thread over at MSM, wow seems like there are quite a few problems; users' lack of knowledge problem. That's what I'm afraid of cos I'm not good at downloading newest map version, softwares, etc, seems so complicated :embrass:

Postal code search has nothing to do with the hardware. It is dependent on the ability of the map to do the search.

Screensize is VERY important, more so than voice. I've used GPS gadgets from a full screen notebook (12 inch), to a 1.5inch mobile phone, and I tell you, sreen size is very impt.

It reduces the number of missed turns significantly as you can see further ahead and anticipate better.

Thanks!

For me, both are equally important ....

east gear is the place to go, cause they provide online updates

East Gear is selling at $399 and Perfect Watch quoted $359, I didnt get to speak to Mr Yan though.

I just found out that if you got a firmware V2.3 205w, it can have the junction view function, which i think is very important and useful.

205w V2.3
http://www.malsingmaps.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=22&p=144985

205w Junction View
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?t=2292217&highlight=garmin+205w&page=24

255w Junction View
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?t=2292217&highlight=garmin+205w&page=20

May be I'll wait until next IT show for the 255w offer as I'm not in a hurry to own 1.

haa...just gotten the 255w...anyone know how to activate route simulation?

haa...just gotten the 255w...anyone know how to activate route simulation?

Congrats, how much did you pay for it and where you got it ? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.