Garmin GPS

iBishop

Feb 17, 2010
am thinking of buying a Garmin Oregon 450 GPS, grateful if anyone can recommend a reliable shop.

thanks

iBishop said:
am thinking of buying a Garmin Oregon 450 GPS, grateful if anyone can recommend a reliable shop.

thanks

Sim Lim Sq ground floor got a shop selling watch + gps, 4got e name, very good price n service.

1. Perfect Watch in SLS is good.

2. Hoan Enterprise
Address - 10 Jalan Besar Sim Lim Tower Singapore 208787
Tel: 9863 8178

3. Allbright Technology
Jalan Sultan
9853-0613
6297-8126

Last edited:
thanks all for the replies.

went to perfect watch as suggested but was told by the sales that oregon 450 oos.
however, she did recommned another model :GPSMAP 62s.

was hoping to gather some feedback from owner of this model.

Last edited:
thanks all for the replies.

went to perfect watch as suggested but was told by the sales that oregon 450 oos.
however, she did recommned another model :GPSMAP 62s.

was hoping to gather some feedback from owner of this model.

The Garmin GPSMAP 62s/62st is the replacement model for the GPSMAP 60CSx. Though I don't have the replacement model, what I do know is that my 60CSx proves to be a very capable and accurate device, even when I was trekking in the deep jungles of Brunei. Satellite acquisition is quick too, thanks to the high-sensitivity MTK chipset.

The replacement model should have no issues with accuracy, since it should be an improvement over the older model. But unlike the Oregon, there's no touch-screen in the 62s/60CSx. That's not a huge problem though, unless you are very used to touch-screen devices. ;)

I believe it should be no less functional than the Oregon.
Only thing is the 60 series has an antenna and generally is longer and bigger than the Oregon.
Aside from the fact that there is no touch screen, which I prefer, what I understood from the sales people is that the 60 series has a hardier body and more rugged and resistant to knocks and bangs.
So it will be a decision for yourself based on some of these aspects.

Forgot whats the name of the shop but its sthg like EastGear? At Horne Rd, near Lavender MRT.

Ok found the website: http://www.eastgear.com/

K they just opened at Sim Lim oso. Anyway they quote quite good price. Bf just got one a few weeks ago. :p

shark said:
Can these model use for driving? :think:

Garmin will be a wise choice

Can these model use for driving? :think:

The models mentioned above are designed for trekking. Garmin does have other models for driving though. You can also consider Holux (both Garmin & Holux are available from Eastgear) but I personally prefer Garmin. I am using the 60csx and agree with Scintillation that it is a very good and accurate trekking GPS. Now only if it has touch screen it would be perfect...