Gargamen giving money in October!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjackal

Jul 9, 2008
Most Sinkapolian will get $300! How will you use the money?

I think I will buy Manfrotto tripod!

:)

I'll buy diapers and milk powders.

after i got the $ then i decide what to spend on...:bsmilie: $300 is not much but better than nothing...

top-up Easy-Link card. :bsmilie:

Donate it to charity!

If you don't know then someone will get your $300. :bsmilie:

come come... at least tell me where u got the news ?

used that to buy new osim head messager! ERP, bills, stress~~

I will use the wads of $100 bills to give 2 tight slaps to my Son Ah Loong's face. Who does he think he is to give out free monies to Singaporeans. I will raise up in my grave if even a single of you become lazy.

Most Sinkapolian will get $300! How will you use the money?

I think I will buy Manfrotto tripod!

:)

I will use the wads of $100 bills to give 2 tight slaps to my Son Ah Loong's face. Who does he think he is to give out free monies to Singaporeans. I will raise up in my grave if even a single of you become lazy.

who's "Son Ah Loong" ???

where u read about our garmen giving us $300 ???

come on

:nono: to domestic violence!

:bsmilie:

Last edited:

Where got free money one?

We pay tax for those money leh. :bsmilie:

come come... at least tell me where u got the news ?

Its on the news yday!

Government to provide more help to cope with rising costs
By Nicholas Fang, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 18 August 2008 2020 hrs

SINGAPORE: The rising cost of living was highlighted as the hottest issue for Singaporeans by Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong in his National Day Rally speech on Sunday night.

And he took time to explain what the government is doing to help Singaporeans cope with rising costs.

Singapore imports most of its food and fuel, making it difficult to remain unscathed from the effects of global inflation.

Mr Lee noted that Singapore has been spared protests over high prices that have affected other countries. While S$3 billion had already been allocated to help Singaporeans in this year's Budget, inflation has turned out to be higher than expected.

"So we have decided to do more. The second instalment of growth dividends, due on October 1, will increase by 50 per cent. We will also increase this year's U-save rebates by 50 per cent," he said. This will result in an extra S$250 million of financial assistance.

Road tax and car ownership charges have also been lowered to help the middle-income segment. While the recent increase in ERP charges have created some unhappiness, the overall cost of owning a car has actually come down.

The government will also review the HDB rental flat scheme to ensure that genuinely needy families have an effective safety net. While more Singaporeans have applied for such rental flats, Mr Lee noted that not all were truly in need.

He said: "One applicant was a 60-year-old lady with three children – two of whom are living in private properties. Her children told HDB they were prepared to hire a maid to look after their parent in the rental flat!"

And while the government's efforts will ease the pinch, Mr Lee said they are not the answer to Singapore's economic problems.

"The best solution is still to keep the economy competitive, become more productive and so earn more for ourselves. Then we can raise our standard of living despite the increase in oil and food prices," the prime minister said.

He said by doing so, Singapore will be well-poised to bounce back once the global economy recovers.

- CNA/so

give you $300 and take back more then that..:bsmilie:

bus fare going up. taxi and mrt will follow. erp going up plus some more gangtries. how much is $300?

what comes easy, goes easy too.

Status
Not open for further replies.