Garden City

Singapor3

Aug 6, 2007

Garden City by gyverchangphotos, on Flickr

1. in what area is critique to be sought?

Is the composition good for this kind of photos? Does the colors of the flower looks too saturated?

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?

I hope to achieve a photo where the flowers are sharp and at the same time, showing the singapore skyline in the background.

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)

The skies are quite overcast and there wasn't much sunlight. I was trying to get a nice composition after taking up to 10 pictures consecutively..

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture

Overall the composition, colors are there just that there are too many distractions like the cones and other structures other than the main skyline?

Thanks all! Hope to get some comments on it! :)

Sorry for not answering to your query, I can't help but find the background buildings distorted, or tilted. That caught my attention more than the flowers.

The problem is that the cones create a "line " for the viewer which draw the attention towards the building which is tilted

Is the background or bokeh overdone? Are they too out of focus that it doesn't create an effect where u have the flower in the foreground and buildings at the back? Because I always wanted to have a nice bokeh, but I think this is a little overdone?

The cones I thought was a nice addition to the picture, so I captured all my pictures surrounding that theme of cones, because it was quite nicely placed there.

So the cones are a huge distractions in the pictures? But are the flowers well saturated and sharp?

Thanks for the feedback guys :)