Gangsterism

allenleonhart

Sep 17, 2008
this is gonna sound really odd, but i'm just curious/wanna gather a general opinion on the issue here.

my sch's principal has coined this new term gangsterism. according to him, its the trend for ppl to gather together in cliques and groups like a gang.

this morning, wushu cca has been accused of gathering in a quiet corner in the hall. the principal has stated that he doesnt care if its promoting comradeship and he claims it is an act of gangsterism and he is not promoting it. he then further justifies saying that they shld be off making more friends rather than in their own cliques, and their loyalty shld be to the sch than the cca.

on the other hand, the student council has their own small private room where they can hold meetings and gather every morning everyday. note here, that i'm not saying the SC is bad etc. in fact they are a jolly bunch. just that the double standards from the principal isnt too fair i though.

just want to see what u all might think, whether is it justified for the principal to declare such a thing on any group?

btw, the cca might be disbanded if they were to gather like that again, as said by principal.

I think your principal is being paranoid. Unless they were acting suspiciously, I don't see a problem with people gathering.

I think your principal is being paranoid. Unless they were acting suspiciously, I don't see a problem with people gathering.

they werent actually. kinda like a tcss session every morning thats all. i thought it was a good thing.

What about Randomers?

They also gather together in clique in forum.

Should they be considered as photo forum gangsters? :bsmilie:
wanna host an outing to my sch? we will be quite a nice large "gang" :bsmilie:

if ur curious... not the first time he said that already...

http://www.gamerzplanet.net/forums/...-sheep-clothing-the-true-face-of-torment.html

but the guy writing it is cmi though. HAHAHA

LOL... you all watched too much of...

600full-young-and-dangerous-2-poster.jpg

LOL... you all watched too much of...

600full-young-and-dangerous-2-poster.jpg

not me. my dear principal.

i just thought something wasnt too right with his comments. so wanna see if i'm the only one, or does a lot of ppl think so.

I thought it was a natural thing that people 'gravitate' towards each other and form groups, based on something they have in common (religion, ethnic background, interests, etc).

Your principal does sound paranoid (based on your description of the group) , but he is not totally groundless in being wary I guess. If indeed the group becomes a troublesome 'gang' in future, he could be accused of not being pro-active enough to nip it in the bud.

~shrug~
I suppose no clear right or wrong in this?

tell your principal, that teachers who are eating only with another fellow teachers are gangsters also.. and that teachers' meeting should be disallowed, because it is considered group gathering.. ban classes, because it is also group gathering.. tell your principal he can then make kopitiam.. hehe..

If indeed the group becomes a troublesome 'gang' in future, he could be accused of not being pro-active enough to nip it in the bud.

provided it is gonna be troublesome. but he is forbidding ALL cliques. thats the funny part.

i feel like telling him to balek kampong:think: its just that the thinking so so backwards. now ppl are getting less close to each other and more close to the digital life. shldnt he be thanking his lucky stars that the students are gathering in sch at a place where he can observe?

if i'm the principal:
having students at place where i can know what they are doing
vs
forcing them underground where i have no control/idea what they are doing.

Last edited:
Ask your principal to watch the World Cup football final between Holland and Spain if he wants to know what is gangsterism.

http://www.greenlemon.co.cc/2010/07/world-cup-gif-nigel-de-jong-flying-kick.html

Johan Cruyff, one of Holland's living football legends comments:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/wo...s-Spain-blasts-Dutch-legend-Johan-Cruyff.html

tell your principal, that teachers who are eating only with another fellow teachers are gangsters also.. and that teachers' meeting should be disallowed, because it is considered group gathering.. ban classes, because it is also group gathering.. tell your principal he can then make kopitiam.. hehe..

i wish i could... i wish i could...

if i'm the principal:
having students at place where i can know what they are doing
vs
forcing them underground where i have no control/idea what they are doing.
better the devil you know, than the devil you don't... :)

I see what you mean! agreed!

Your principal is definitely from the Lightning Gang :think:
Any number more than 4 is to be feared.

my sch's principal has coined this new term gangsterism. according to him, its the trend for ppl to gather together in cliques and groups like a gang.

this morning, wushu cca has been accused of gathering in a quiet corner in the hall. the principal has stated that he doesnt care if its promoting comradeship and he claims it is an act of gangsterism and he is not promoting it.

Isn't he actually leading the biggest gang in school by leading your assembly in the morning?? isn't he promoting a certain set of gang values by uniting all of you students, teachers via assembly, then also trying to promote comradeship by making you listen to all the crap his has to say to unite the school to project the correct gang(school) image/reputation?

Think ya principal needs counselling lah...how can he/she be so critical towards students that group together..who the hell is he to judge the students just because they group together in the name of CCA? Being principal does not give him the rights to be biased and discriminate students...even every one is innocent unless found guilty...

If i was the one who is being accused like your wushu school mates...i'll definitely write to MOE to complain and maybe file a suit against him for slander...but tis is based purely on your side of the story...

Isn't he actually leading the biggest gang in school by leading your assembly in the morning?? isn't he promoting a certain set of gang values by uniting all of you students, teachers via assembly, then also trying to promote comradeship by making you listen to all the crap his has to say to unite the school to project the correct gang(school) image/reputation?

Think ya principal needs counselling lah...how can he/she be so critical towards students that group together..who the hell is he to judge the students just because they group together in the name of CCA? Being principal does not give him the rights to be biased and discriminate students...even every one is innocent unless found guilty...

If i was the one who is being accused like your wushu school mates...i'll definitely write to MOE to complain and maybe file a suit against him for slander...but tis is based purely on your side of the story...

hahaha! Just talk to one of the teachers that you are comfortable talking to.. maybe your civics tutor? if can, ask those who are affected to talk to the teachers..

i can't imagine if i were in your school, then i have lunch with four of my classmates, and suddenly... WHAAAAMMMMM!!!!!
kena blast by the principal.. :angry:

i think your principal is waaaaaayyyyy too paranoid.. or maybe he's lonely and jealous? :think: :bsmilie: joking..

ask him go die. don care him la, life still goes on. what can he do?

hahaha! Just talk to one of the teachers that you are comfortable talking to.. maybe your civics tutor? if can, ask those who are affected to talk to the teachers..

i can't imagine if i were in your school, then i have lunch with four of my classmates, and suddenly... WHAAAAMMMMM!!!!!
kena blast by the principal.. :angry:

i think your principal is waaaaaayyyyy too paranoid.. or maybe he's lonely and jealous? :think: :bsmilie: joking..

as far as i know... all complaints that are directed abt him to moe...

all gets refered back to the principal himself and he can choose to address the issue or ignore. at least thats what he said, if i remembered correctly.

therefore what does it mean? he isnt answerable to anyone/not affected by external pressure.

at least this was what he said that shattered my confidence in our education system.

cause i thought the very basis of a good governance, would be that we, as citizens, can haev the power to make changes when things arent going too well.

Last edited: