"Ganbatte Japan" ClubSNAP Volunteer List and Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
To add, do note that there's a typo ...

On Satudays, the second session should begin @ 4pm and end by 9pm.

Reporting time for second session is 3pm (Saturdays) and 1.30pm (Sunday). This apply to those who are helping out in the second session only.

You (volunteers who are helping out only for the second session) will still report to the entrance of Far East Plaza.

You have my contact.

In addition, we'll only assign the duties tomorrow, based on the actual turn-out.

Will provide more info as we go along, thanks ...

ok just updated the time for myself in view of my upcoming exams. i'll be largely operating from home to manage the facebook, and will be there in the morning to help setup

To All who registered - Please turn up turn, if not it gives a false impression to others that we have enough ppl. In fact this morning and afternoon we have only about 60% turn up and is very short of help. Thank You

We need more ladies to help.

Thank You

Last edited:
For all who sign up for Sunday (27 Mar 2011) 1st session, please note the meeting time is 10.00 am at Far East Plaza outside KFC.

Yes, we couldn't operate in full strength but I'm thankful for all who have turned up, despite of the work which they have to park and sacrificing their rest and leisure time ... It was a tiring but a fun, thought and emotionally-provoking experience for all!

Here's one to all the volunteers (sorry couldn't get a group photo of all of us ...)

Volunteers_2011.sized.jpg

Notice how everyone is so happy around Adam?
Perks of Volunteering for Ganbatte Japan
  1. Help raise funds for victims of the Japan earthquake and tsunami... Priceless
  2. Capture the lovely portraits of kind Donors from all walks of life... Priceless
  3. Interact with fellow CS members and volunteers and share photography tips... Priceless
  4. Experience the joy of Adam's great company... (Beyond Words!!!)

So what are you waiting for?
See you all at Far East Plaza and Republic Plaza today from 11 am to 6 pm

Yes, we couldn't operate in full strength but I'm thankful for all who have turned up, despite of the work which they have to park and sacrificing their rest and leisure time ... It was a tiring but a fun, thought and emotionally-provoking experience for all!

Here's one to all the volunteers (sorry couldn't get a group photo of all of us ...)

heha maybe we can get a full group shot on the last day together:)

for those who are curious about the behind the scenes...

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=118149664930090&aid=22471

Adam Goi said:

Yes, indeed. It was a very greatful experience. I signed up only for the first shift but when i see the eagerness of people to help i decided to stay long. Let's get this done guys. We can do it.

Hi

i noticed that if we upload to facebook without resizing the pictures to a smaller size, sometimes they look awful on facebook. Alot of my friends experience that too, and some of the pictures in the Ganbatter facebook did not escape this fate.

I have written a small Ruby program to do auto resize. It is a Ruby script. i will come down later to demo. I have tested it several times in my own PC and it works.

The script:

# How to use this Ruby program to auto resize jpg files
#
# Pre requisite
#
# install Ruby (http://rubyforge.org/frs/download.php/74298/rubyinstaller-1.9.2-p180.exe)
# install ImageMagick (http://www.imagemagick.org/script/binary-releases.php#windows)
# Put this file "r.rb" in the folder containing the jpg files.
# create a folder "small" in the folder containing the jpg files.

# How to use this program
#
# open a command prompt (Start->Run cmd)
# go to the folder containing the jpg files (e.g. cd d:\facebook-upload)
# type "ruby r.rb" (without the quotes) and press Enter
# Your resize files will be in the folder "small"
#

basedir = '.'
files = Dir.glob("*.jpg")
files.each {|f| system("convert " + f + " -resize 30% small\\" + f)}

Last edited:
i heard from one facebook friend that we must resize the long side to be 700 pixel maximum to upload without being subject to facebook auto resize and compression.

so any pictures greater than 700 pixels in the long side WILL be compressed by facebook.

Of course we can opt to upload the high resolution files, now that facebook allows it, but it is stated that it will take 10 times longer to upload.

i heard from one facebook friend that we must resize the long side to be 700 pixel maximum to upload without being subject to facebook auto resize and compression.

so any pictures greater than 700 pixels in the long side WILL be compressed by facebook.

Of course we can opt to upload the high resolution files, now that facebook allows it, but it is stated that it will take 10 times longer to upload.

ok the resolution isnt that bad actually. its because of the popup black viewer that makes it look bad. try looking at the photo on the normal facebook image page. its actually quite ok.

we could implement it along with the workflow. but u have to check wtih spidey at ground lvl:)

allenleonhart said:
ok the resolution isnt that bad actually. its because of the popup black viewer that makes it look bad. try looking at the photo on the normal facebook image page. its actually quite ok.

we could implement it along with the workflow. but u have to check wtih spidey at ground lvl:)

Allen, there is a simple solution for resizing photos. Its just a matter of right-click. You can resize a single or batch of photos in one click. Its a windows XP add-on so there would be no legal issues. You can search "xp powertoys image resizer" in google for it.

haha, ok this is another stupid qtn! How do i upload my set of pix into the same album in FB? lol

hi

i went down this afternoon.. the Far East side is using Picasa to resize while Pacific Plaza, Spidey uses PS to do batch resize...

anyway it is here for anyone to use.. pls feel free...

haha, ok this is another stupid qtn! How do i upload my set of pix into the same album in FB? lol

u can't, u need to be granted Admin access in order to upload... :)

erm u have to have admin access to the facebook account actually, which is limited to the few mods and organising team hmm....
i thought all your photos shld be transferred to the laptops at the printing stations?

Hmm, am not sure if it has been transferred though. Haha, will check the FB later. :) thanks peeps! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.