Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBig

Sep 17, 2002
Singapore
www.friendster.com
Hi everyone!

What do you guys think of the new xbox?

What's good about it besides have an ethernet port???

Where can I get it cheap?

Thanks

Cheers,

The games not really very spectacular. But I think it needs time for developer to come out more xbox games. Price i think quite standard.. 199USD.

I know right now there're gamecube, ps2 and now the new xbox.

really dunno which one to get leh

from what i know, ps2 has the most number of games in the market.

pls advice

thanks

Originally posted by MrBig
I know right now there're gamecube, ps2 and now the new xbox.

really dunno which one to get leh

from what i know, ps2 has the most number of games in the market.

pls advice

thanks

Yes. PS2 has the most number of games becos if i'm not wrong, PS2 can play PS1 game also. It has the largest market share and games around.

personally i've tried both PS2 and XBox, and i would go for PS2. i already have a PS1 (like the first generation type), and i find the controls of PS easier to handle than Xbox.

the pros for XBox is the (slightly) better graphics and the hard drive, which i foresee will be a boon for those into RPGs (as it can save a lot more details).

Originally posted by Larry
personally i've tried both PS2 and XBox, and i would go for PS2. i already have a PS1 (like the first generation type), and i find the controls of PS easier to handle than Xbox.

the pros for XBox is the (slightly) better graphics and the hard drive, which i foresee will be a boon for those into RPGs (as it can save a lot more details).

hmmm...

just now lunchtime i went to get a copy of the latest HWM mag

and it mention that xbox has the best graphics and currently the biggest hd compared to all other gaming platforms.

i think i'll go get myself a xbox now since it's the best in the market in terms of capabilities

price $388 incl gst seems pretty alright

wonder if there're some games that come with it

hmmm...

just now lunchtime i went to get a copy of the latest HWM mag

and it mention that xbox has the best graphics and currently the biggest hd compared to all other gaming platforms.

i think i'll go get myself a xbox now since it's the best in the market in terms of capabilities

price $388 incl gst seems pretty alright

wonder if there're some games that come with it

but how are the games? in japan the sales of the PS2 is like 100x xbox... saw it on tomshardware i think, or gamespy...I really LOL when I saw the figures

I personally feel that PS2 is definitely better...

Who got xbox can invite us to his house and play ;p

Xbox has a faster & better processor than the PS2. So no doubt, it has better graphics. Nevertheless, I think PS2 is better. For 1 reason. The games! PS2 has much better & more variety of games than the Xbox.

Mai tu liao! Go get a PS2 now before GST rises! Oh yeah, get Final Fantasy X with it... ;)

Originally posted by Gr|ever
Xbox has a faster & better processor than the PS2. So no doubt, it has better graphics. Nevertheless, I think PS2 is better. For 1 reason. The games! PS2 has much better & more variety of games than the Xbox.

Mai tu liao! Go get a PS2 now before GST rises! Oh yeah, get Final Fantasy X with it... ;)

May I know how much is a PS2 and its games?

May I know how much is a PS2 and its games?

I just bought PS2 (Code 3 NTSC J) last week with MARS modchip. Basic unit is SGD495 nett which comes with console, analog controller, AV Cable, AC Power cord (240V) and printed doc.

Set with Messiah modchip going at SGD450 nett.

More abt MARS Chip at:
http://www.multitoysgame.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21_29&products_id=755

Original games range from abt SGD60 - SGD100. Believed copy are available abt SGD15.

Rgds,
Jeffery

If you're planning to get a PS2, you've gotta do lotsa research. Much like when you're getting a new camera. So that you can get the best price, & NOT get conned.

Prices of PS2 have dropped considerably since the time I got it. :cry: Anyway, you want your PS2 to be able to play all sorts of games. The ultimate mod chip in the market now is the Messiah 2 chip. It claims that it can play EVERYTHING. Original or not, US or Jap. I dun see any reason to get your PS2 to be modded with some other chips. Juz get a Missiah 2 chip.

My friend recently brought it at GameMasters at Bukit Panjang Plaza. A Jap set (it doesn't matter which set yours is since it's able to play everything), with 1 controller, memory card & 5 not-so-original games. It costs him less than $550. I think a pakage like that is good. No point buying the set without any games to play right?

If you're brave enough, you can try Sim Lim Square. You guys should know what this place if capable of doing. :devil:

Originally posted by Gr|ever
If you're planning to get a PS2, you've gotta do lotsa research. Much like when you're getting a new camera. So that you can get the best price, & NOT get conned.

Prices of PS2 have dropped considerably since the time I got it. :cry: Anyway, you want your PS2 to be able to play all sorts of games. The ultimate mod chip in the market now is the Messiah 2 chip. It claims that it can play EVERYTHING. Original or not, US or Jap. I dun see any reason to get your PS2 to be modded with some other chips. Juz get a Missiah 2 chip.

My friend recently brought it at GameMasters at Bukit Panjang Plaza. A Jap set (it doesn't matter which set yours is since it's able to play everything), with 1 controller, memory card & 5 not-so-original games. It costs him less than $550. I think a pakage like that is good. No point buying the set without any games to play right?

If you're brave enough, you can try Sim Lim Square. You guys should know what this place if capable of doing. :devil:

how come ps2 is more expensive than xbox? thought xbox is more advanced than ps2.

really puzzling leh.

furthermore ps2 was out like a few years back liao.

should it cost less than $300

pls explain.

thks. :what:

how come ps2 is more expensive than xbox? thought xbox is more advanced than ps2.

Well if you buy either one unmodified (meaning in the condition their respective manufacturers want you to buy them as), they are currently at par with each other, which is a little less than 400 dollars (abt 380-390, I think).

In terms of "advance-ness", I think it's a fairly relative term for console gamers. Being "more advanced" can also mean having a wider array of excellent games to choose from! A console you own may be technically the best right now, but if you can't play the games that you want on it, then it doesn't mean anything.

And just because a console was released a few years back, doesn't mean that it isn't going strong and just as popular now. Console boxes' lifetimes are different from PCs, in that respect. They do drop in price, yes, but not as drastically in such a short period of time.

In a way, it's the games (and game-makers) that somewhat control the market. So if you find yourself wanting more of the games developed for a certain platform, then you should go for that one.

Games are for the weak... :D
Spend your time out there shooting, cheap and good!

* togu runs away before all the rotten eggs arrived....

Originally posted by Que Lynn

Well if you buy either one unmodified (meaning in the condition their respective manufacturers want you to buy them as), they are currently at par with each other, which is a little less than 400 dollars (abt 380-390, I think).

In terms of "advance-ness", I think it's a fairly relative term for console gamers. Being "more advanced" can also mean having a wider array of excellent games to choose from! A console you own may be technically the best right now, but if you can't play the games that you want on it, then it doesn't mean anything.

And just because a console was released a few years back, doesn't mean that it isn't going strong and just as popular now. Console boxes' lifetimes are different from PCs, in that respect. They do drop in price, yes, but not as drastically in such a short period of time.

In a way, it's the games (and game-makers) that somewhat control the market. So if you find yourself wanting more of the games developed for a certain platform, then you should go for that one.
:dunno:

ahhh ic

hmmm...interesting....

guess now i'll go for a ps2 since it has the most games and they r cheap.

where can i get a modified ps2 set? :dunno:

:dunno:
ahhh ic
hmmm...interesting....
guess now i'll go for a ps2 since it has the most games and they r cheap.
where can i get a modified ps2 set? :dunno:

You can visit this forum also if you want to gather more opinions on the consoles ... and buy/sell games, and know where in Singapore to find the better places to get games and the consoles and accessories. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.