gaming mouse more accurate?

ortega

Nov 2, 2004
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
is a gaming mouse more accurate than a normal mouse?

croppednaga02.jpg

[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]http://www.razerzone.com/getimba-share-n-win/ucumqnq[/FONT]

hmmm if you compare against your normal mouse and if you are using it for gaming...yes!

1. high-speed motion detection, up to 45ips and 20g - that's over 7080 frames per second
2. always-On mode - laser engine sensor never powers down, provides instantaneous response at all times during game play
3. on-the-fly sensitivity dpi adjustment for perfect controls
4. utilises a full speed usb bus when other mice are still low speed usb devices

Yes certainly more accurate when playing games. But you better hands on the Naga before you buy. The numeric buttons look handy on first glance but i think it wasn't tat easy to press especially the last row... If you need to keep adjusting you hand to press it... then i feel it's doesn't really serve much purpose.

I have Razer Mamba, Logitech G9 and Logitech Anywhere... For general use, i prefer the Logitech Anywhere NB mouse.

For normal use, get the Deathadder or Abyssus. Should be more than sufficient :thumbsup:

i have 2 razers.

ortega - you can borrow one to try if you wish.

Most of the time, some features listed on the box are just there to make the product look more attractive to potential buyers.
An optical/laser microsoft/logitech/whatever will do.

I personally use a SGD50~ Razer Salmosa, because I play computer games. It has an average lifespan of about 4-5 years before it dies from heavy abuse.

hmmm if you compare against your normal mouse and if you are using it for gaming...yes!

1. high-speed motion detection, up to 45ips and 20g - that's over 7080 frames per second
2. always-On mode - laser engine sensor never powers down, provides instantaneous response at all times during game play
3. on-the-fly sensitivity dpi adjustment for perfect controls
4. utilises a full speed usb bus when other mice are still low speed usb devices

depends on what games also right

if you play dota, need gaming mouse is fei hua!!!!!!!!! :bsmilie::bsmilie:

Yes... I use Razer mice too... love them.

the sensitivity and control is good. :thumbsup:

even for PP also very good. :)

Depends on whether you can fit your hands to the mouse or not also... coz I cannot. Have also tried two Razor mouses over my lifetime and neither has worked despite being "more accurate" simply because I cannot adapt my hand to use the mouse.

My current favourite mouse is like being phased out by Microsoft (it's the normal sized Microsoft Explorer Mouse using blue tech, and not the mini notebook version) and I tried replacing both with Microsoft Explorer 5000. Straightforward? Not really... I didn't like and still end up having to use my badly worn MS Mouse.

It's a very personal thing.

I like the Razor cloth pads though :embrass: but there's an entire other story on that.

Yes... I use Razer mice too... love them.

the sensitivity and control is good. :thumbsup:

even for PP also very good. :)

even photoshop is better?
i'll give it a try

maybe get the normal razor one without all the extra buttons

the higher the dpi the better?

Last edited:
i was thinking of changing my old diamondback 3D to the mamba.

i use it mainly gaming and normal stuff.

but its kinda hard to justify the price.

and also, how is the receiver connected to the computer for the mouse to work wireless..
is the reciever big ?

i'll give it a try

The higher the dpi, the more accurate you move slightly and the movement is reflected more accurately. Not necessarily a feature everyone will like because higher dpi means you must move the mouse twice as far to register the same distance across the monitor desktop.

That's why there's the buttons that allows changing of sensitivity on the go (switch between large movements and tiny minute controls). I can't get used to that so mine is always on lower dpi than maximum... tend to be a rocket launcher guy than railgun.

In Photoshop I just Ctrl + to zoom in instead of using more sensitivity from mouse. Personal preference :dunno:

Razor rocks for both games and photoshop. I find that it's alot more sensitive to subtle movements but I don't usually use it at the highest resolution settings. Helps that it's more ergonomic than the average mice too!

I have 2 diamondbacks and 1 copperhead mice which serves me really well for the pass 5 years :).

i'll give it a try

I am using the V1.6 and there are a couple of buttons on the side which can be used for macros (commands and not the photographic macro). It helps if you keep repeating certain commands. :)

Currently using my 1st batch copperhead at the highest setting. very sensitive so move lesser on the mouse pad. Initially it was difficult to get used to, but now I find all other normal mouses are terrible. For gaming and for photoshop. I find those 4 or 5k DPI getting a little insane. 2000dpi is already damn high. sad they don't make copperhead anymore, my mouse rubber coating is wearing out.

I love my Copperhead. The adjustable sensitivity comes in very handy for careful PS work too.