Gaffered lens makes a difference!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear all ,
Maybe the protected gear can make the photographer more adventurous , thus producing "better" pictures ?

Rgs
:dunno:

Yes, Just what I was thinking...

Anymore reasons for gafferring? :think:

Do you think all lenses should come pre-gaffered, like Canon original gaffer? That way the users will take a little more risk to capture that "moment" ?

Furthermore, a Canon original gaffer on the lenses itself can sell the lens better.

This is absolutely new to me. I never heard of this till now. However I must say it is hog wash. In this case just buy cheap lens and then gaffer and viola...you have an L lens.:dunno:

Gaffering helps when I'm shooting Ah Meng with my 70-200 f/2.8 IS VR AF-S VR USM lens. I use the camo type to make sure she doesn't spot me from the other side of the fence. She's dangerous and to think that some people actually dine with her. I'm a "wildlife" photographer and I know what I talk about whan I say she's dangerous. She will spit on you...... and the lens.....

Maybe gaffered lens looks better, impress the client or anyone near-by and boost photographer confindence.

Ego boosting may improve image ?!?!? :dunno:

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Of course that is a MUST!!! To impress the clients. Whenever, I meet a client I make sure I bring both white and black tapes just in case. If they like Canon, then I'll gaffer my Nikon lenses white or vice versa. Works like a chime everytime.

Of course that is a MUST!!! To impress the clients. Whenever, I meet a client I make sure I bring both white and black tapes just in case. If they like Canon, then I'll gaffer my Nikon lenses white or vice versa. Works like a chime everytime.

ha! well i gaffer my camera to my head so that i'll never miss a moment! can use two hands to change lens even faster! plus gaffer tape better grip so i won't drop it in my haste. and as a bonus, when doing long exposure my head stuck to viewfinder, so no need to worry about light leaking in from behind. :devil:

ha! well i gaffer my camera to my head so that i'll never miss a moment! can use two hands to change lens even faster! plus gaffer tape better grip so i won't drop it in my haste. and as a bonus, when doing long exposure my head stuck to viewfinder, so no need to worry about light leaking in from behind. :devil:

hahaha! wicked! :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

I think you may have to take back your words.

There are industries out there helping people to gaffer their equipment. :) I am thinking of sending mine to get it done. I m wondering if it makes my images better, or the image creation process more professional. :embrass:

I hope you can read the actual meaning/s of my posts.

Hahaha subtlety is lost on those to speed read CS posts.. on a side note i gave up gaffering my stuff.. the gluey stuff becomes hard to come off if you leave the gaffer for too long

i cannot believe that the TS even ask this kind of question and wants people to swear to it...

Hahaha subtlety is lost on those to speed read CS posts.. on a side note i gave up gaffering my stuff.. the gluey stuff becomes hard to come off if you leave the gaffer for too long

Like you said, the subtlety is lost, not just on those who speed read. Apparently the creatures here aren't as I expected..

*shakes my head*

Save the cheerleader.. [sic] probably needs a amendment...

Ok.

I risk being assassinated, but here goes.. :(

I am hoping some photogs here will post images, taken with a lens before and after gaffering.

Or with a body before and after gafferring.

Or with a flash before and after gafferring.

I am scratching my head, and occasionally my backside when it itches, to the science of a gafferred equipment. Just like the MTF for lenses, the resolution and contrast equivalent for such gafferred lenses is greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much. :thumbsup:

Of course gaffering makes a difference to the pics u produce. Gaffering the exterior produces a miraculous harmonized integration with the interior optics which helps u to produce fantasfabulous images.

That said, if u are willing to fork out $1,000, i m willing to gaffer ur lens to this:

#The chipmunks enhanced version 70-200vr#
chipmunks3.JPG

With the chipmunks all over ur lens, the gaffer magic is able to transform any of ur lens, including the much acclaimed lousy canon 18-55mm kit lens to produce images of a 600f4 !!!!!!

A 600f4 cost $13k but my service cost just $1,000 !!!!!!!!
Quick, don't hestitate anymore, pm me immediately for a friendly and professional, non cut throat pricing gaffering services!!! :thumbsup:

Of course gaffering makes a difference to the pics u produce. Gaffering the exterior produces a miraculous harmonized integration with the interior optics which helps u to produce fantasfabulous images.

That said, if u are willing to fork out $1,000, i m willing to gaffer ur lens to this:

chipmunks3.JPG

With the chipmunks all over ur lens, the gaffer magic is able to transform any of ur lens, including the much acclaimed lousy canon 18-55mm kit lens to produce images of a 600f4 !!!!!!

Quick, don't hestitate anymore, pm me immediately for a friendly and professional, non cut throat pricing gaffering services!!! :thumbsup:

Argghhh how can you do this?? help i am blind i am blind!!

chipmunks3.JPG

Aghhhhhhhhhhhh..... What a sin! :bigeyes:

This lens can use to cover kindergarden events.:thumbsup:

Kid will not be intimidated by " Uncle " carrying this lens.

Ok.

I risk being assassinated, but here goes.. :(

I am hoping some photogs here will post images, taken with a lens before and after gaffering.

Or with a body before and after gafferring.

Or with a flash before and after gafferring.

I am scratching my head, and occasionally my backside when it itches, to the science of a gafferred equipment. Just like the MTF for lenses, the resolution and contrast equivalent for such gafferred lenses is greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much. :thumbsup:

Yes it makes a difference, externally only tats all.
If ur lens is gaffered, u feel safer to shoot in the rain due to the limitation of the lens, go ahead and get it gaffered.;)

Like you said, the subtlety is lost, not just on those who speed read. Apparently the creatures here aren't as I expected..

*shakes my head*

Save the cheerleader.. [sic] probably needs a amendment...
get a underwater casing then... it suits you more.

No No No. :cry:

I need somebody to swear to me that the images from a gaffered lens is better then a non-gaffered one. :embrass:

ok. let me "swear" the opposite.
gaffering the lens doesn't make the images better !!

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.