Gaffer Taping

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamestty

Is it worth gaffer taping my camera body up? And like, is there any service around doing it...? Or any guide as to how to do it...

I don't think I've seen anyone gaff-taping their bodies up so far... as for lenses I know there's some guy doing freelance taping...

ah... bah zhang king not around already...

anyway, whats your cam? too bad my cam doesn't have a silicon sleeve, else i'd get that.

Yes there are. But some just tape the whole cam up including buttons and looks shitty.

I gaffer my body and lens... not very obvious unless look from near tho. :bsmilie:
anyway this is what i do, i just tape the whole 2" tape onto the body and then use a scissor to cut out those button/label area.
seriously it ain't that bad if done properly and of cos black color tape... not pink! :bsmilie:

Is it worth gaffer taping my camera body up? And like, is there any service around doing it...? Or any guide as to how to do it...

I don't think I've seen anyone gaff-taping their bodies up so far... as for lenses I know there's some guy doing freelance taping...

Like this one? You can contact zac08 to see if he wants to do it. ;)

I gaffered everything from my camera body to even my tripod legs ;p

This is what happened when my friend got his hands on my gaffer tape : http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/45433793 :sweat:

Any sticky residue after extensive use or after 3-6 months? :sweat:
Heard from others that it will happen. :sweat:

I had sticky residue on my D70 after some continuous usage many months ago. Same goes to my lenses. It was then i decided to do a gaffer tape change every 3-4 months to keep it clean...

mine looks pretty alright after >3mths... went to tear one gaffer down from the 12-24 zoom ring, only found a little which is easily clean of by sticking back the tape and taking it off again. :dunno:

Residue WILL be there, just more or less... and it's easily cleaned off... ;)

Aiyo, why Ta Ko Yo over a pretty cam :( . I believe with extra care in handling can reduce the chances of scratching them.

Aiyo, why Ta Ko Yo over a pretty cam :( . I believe with extra care in handling can reduce the chances of scratching them.
Aiyah, its like people who buy car and "dress" them up. In this case, to protect or to be ninja or whatever. To me, the camera is an equipment. I am more interested in the photos I take.

But where can gaffer tape be bought or found.?:dunno:

For me, I do it to protect the cam from my sweaty palms...

Aiyah, its like people who buy car and "dress" them up. In this case, to protect or to be ninja or whatever. To me, the camera is an equipment. I am more interested in the photos I take.

So what? Still better than seeing scatches here and there.

Some people buy cameras and lenses to admire. But admiring the same thing too long also sianz, so must think of ways to dress it up to admire again mah......

Hmmz... Saw the shop beside TCW (the printing shop, where it sells studio stuff too) selling small rubber pad grips to stick on stuff to improve grip... Anyone used em before?

Status
Not open for further replies.