Gaffer taping tripod legs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nik-enduser

Jul 12, 2004
CCK
Need to find out the best way to gaffer tripod legs, as this is first time doing it.
Can think of 3 methods:
1) spiral down the leg
2) cut in strips and cover in equal sections down the legs
3) cut a long strip and cover the whole length of tripod leg and repeat till whole leg is covered

Any indications to which way is best?

Thanks,

Shrink wrapping is for perhaps storage purposes. I am thinking more for practical use.

can only gaffer the top section, hor!! :bsmilie:

i just ran down the leg, no need for fancy patterns.

normally, ppl gaffer for protection, camoflage (reflection), and grip. how ever you do it, just make sure these things are covered. :thumbsup:

Yep only the top section, unless you wanna carry the full size tripod around.

Thanks for the tip. Will try gaffering tomorrow.

1) spiral down the leg

Above was what I did to my previous Manfrotto 055CL.
Will be doing same to my 190Pro.

Really very eng leh!! lol When you need to sell you need to remove the whole gaffer. Then the whole leg will be dam sticky :sticktong

gaffering camera would be more pratical lah,more expensive mah.
But the thought of doing it to my tripod did cross my mind,with a new roll of gaffer tape at my dispose.
i think tripod with some scratches/marks look more sexy.:heart: :kiss:

Well.. I spiral down the top section of my Gitzo 1228... gaffering iz good for CF tripod cos CF can get brittle easily when you knock on something...

Gaffering tripod to make it more durable and not get dinks and paint scratches. Also maybe more comfortable to carry, especially for heavier models.

Nik-enduser said:
Gaffering tripod to make it more durable and not get dinks and paint scratches. Also maybe more comfortable to carry, especially for heavier models.

lol the best way not to get dink and scratches is not to use it

zekai said:
lol the best way not to get dink and scratches is not to use it
better still leave it in the shop, once in a while can go and visit
then always will be in showroom condition
also 2nd hand price will be the same as new price

ortega said:
better still leave it in the shop, once in a while can go and visit
then always will be in showroom condition
also 2nd hand price will be the same as new price

Don’t be like that lah, tripod don’t take very easy get scratches one, than got no value for reselling liao, must protect the investment mah.

want to see my tripods again?:bsmilie:

catchlights said:
use what?
those aunties use for shirnk wrap bamboo pole one izit? not bad idea leh.
I thought the bamboo pole wrapper shrinks by adding hot water over it. Want to do this on your tripod?

kaywalk said:
I thought the bamboo pole wrapper shrinks by adding hot water over it. Want to do this on your tripod?
if you have a CF tripod better don't try lor..
btw, thinking of buying those fake CF pattern sticker (from Ah Beng Car Audio and Accessories shop) to disguise my normal tripod as a CF tripod, what to you think?:bsmilie:

catchlights said:
if you have a CF tripod better don't try lor..
btw, thinking of buying those fake CF pattern sticker (from Ah Beng Car Audio and Accessories shop) to disguise my normal tripod as a CF tripod, what to you think?:bsmilie:
good idea :thumbsup:
make your battle worn tripod look like a new mega$$$ CF tripod :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.