Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrian

May 19, 2004
West
Hi,

What are these tapes use for?

its used for several reasons....

u can use it to cover up the brand logos to keep it new if u wanna resell...or simply to cover it up so no one knows wat brand u are using when travelling or something....

covering screws up can prevent sweat from getting to them and corroding them over time....

buten again...most people juz gaffer the whole camera....ultimate protection......

cheers....

Adrian said:
Hi,

What are these tapes use for?
- u can tape down the cables on the floor of theater
- u can gag your victim with gaffer tape
- use lightweight plastic rods covered in shock foam and wrapped up with silver gaffer tape and you've got instant swords
- attach black bin bags to the windows with your trusty roll of gaffer tape thereby preventing light leaking in, close the curtains/blinds and voila instant night
- fix broken props
- and of course, to tape your camera to your hand so that it wun fall

if tape liddat liao wun make the surface of the taped area sticky when u wanna remove them?

jonlou said:
if tape liddat liao wun make the surface of the taped area sticky when u wanna remove them?

nope .... won't make em sticky ... ask espn about gaffering cameras .. he's da man to go to ... heh heh ... espn? if u're reading this .. maybe post a pic of your bah zhang here for us to see? ;) :angel:

gaffering your cam / lens serves several purposes, most commonly

protection - from scretches, scuffs, water, and sweat
grip - the gaffer tape is a little "sticky", well, at least not smooth, such that it would give slightly better grip, esp useful on the cam body on hot humid day. (after prolong use, you would notice your grip on the body becomes more smooth and shinny)
disguish - hahaha... just kidding, but your D70 or 300D can be mistaken for a D2x or a 1DmkII!!! :bsmilie:

you can search for more discussion threads on the topic. a pic of a gaffered 300D is attached by NW75 in the this thread - http://forum.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=99749&page=3&pp=20

I'm not used ot the idea of gaffering my cam. It would be like having a brand new car and not take out the plastic wrappers on the car seats. :bsmilie:

snowspeeder said:
I'm not used ot the idea of gaffering my cam. It would be like having a brand new car and not take out the plastic wrappers on the car seats. :bsmilie:
worst... it's more like taping up your car with black (or white or both) gaffer tape just to make sure it does not get scratched!!! hahaha :bsmilie:

i actually had some fun gaffering up my nephews gameboy advance... confirm will not scretch one!!!

Thanks for your tips guys. Any idea where can i get these stuff and the cost?

Adrian said:
Thanks for your tips guys. Any idea where can i get these stuff and the cost?

I'm conducting a Mass Order here

This is the 3rd year I'm conducting a MO for these tapes and they are getting very popular in CS, those who've used it are my best testimonial for the quality.

Users who had come back to me for more rolls told me how well the tape protects their equipment surface, so much so that even after 1 year of heavy usage, it still look like new. In other words, you get better resale value if you ever sell off your equipment. Morever, these tapes will not leave behind sticky residue.

Cactus jACK said:
gaffering your cam / lens serves several purposes, most commonly

protection - from scretches, scuffs, water, and sweat
grip - the gaffer tape is a little "sticky", well, at least not smooth, such that it would give slightly better grip, esp useful on the cam body on hot humid day. (after prolong use, you would notice your grip on the body becomes more smooth and shinny)
disguish - hahaha... just kidding, but your D70 or 300D can be mistaken for a D2x or a 1DmkII!!! :bsmilie:

you can search for more discussion threads on the topic. a pic of a gaffered 300D is attached by NW75 in the this thread - http://forum.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=99749&page=3&pp=20

The main reason for many of us to gaffer 'em up is to make it less flashy, really. Esp words like "Leica", "Nikon" and "Canon" attract a lot attention esp in places like Italy and Paris....

isn't gaffering the camera will actually trap the heat generated internally and in the end 'kill' the camera-internally????? what i know digital camera generate more heat than other film camera. anyone care to share????? thanks!

Most people gaffer their SLR/dSLRs. As for dSLRs, they don't really generate much heat. So much so that well, you don't feel any.

photografixed said:
isn't gaffering the camera will actually trap the heat generated internally and in the end 'kill' the camera-internally????? what i know digital camera generate more heat than other film camera. anyone care to share????? thanks!

Heat issues usually comes from DSLRs that uses CCD instead of CMOS. Used gaffered tapes on my Kodak DSC520 and EOS 1D, no problem with overheating at all.

Newer DSLRs, even those using CCDs (S3Pro) are not that heaty anymore. Try firing the 1st/2nd generation DSLR from Kodak, the battery unit gets uncomfortably hot...

Status
Not open for further replies.