gaffer tape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

song

Feb 23, 2002
homex.coolconnect.com
How does a gaffer tape look like? Where can i buy to wrap my canon dslr? How much?
Does it sticks? if so, then how to remove without the glue from peeling my existing body and lens paint off??

please help advise. Is there a picture of how a gaffer look like?

thanks

Gaffer tapes are known NOT to leave residue on the surface it sticked on. Haven't seen a full roll before, but I'd guess it's the same as typical sticky tapes, reeled on a round core.

blkgaff.jpg

This is how is looks like.

It's low tack and low residue, but it does not mean NO residue. Some brands are more tacky and some aren't. I've tried the Apollo one and it works just fine. Look out for it in the MO's

i read about the gaffer tape on wiki but im still a little clueless.. cuz i notice its more for taping cables and stuff, would any kind soul care to explain why are gaff tapes used on cameras? absorb shock? or to be more resistant to weather?

pardon my newbie question.. :)

i read about the gaffer tape on wiki but im still a little clueless.. cuz i notice its more for taping cables and stuff, would any kind soul care to explain why are gaff tapes used on cameras? absorb shock? or to be more resistant to weather?

pardon my newbie question.. :)

Yeah... it's MEANT to tape down wires and stuff, but some bright spark discovered tat since it is low tack, why not use it to protect the camera as well??

And for some of us, like me... I use it to protect against my sweaty palm... already the rubber seems to be peeling off slightly... :cry:

it will still leave quite a lot of residue if stick on too long and untouched...

Yeah... it's MEANT to tape down wires and stuff, but some bright spark discovered tat since it is low tack, why not use it to protect the camera as well??

And for some of us, like me... I use it to protect against my sweaty palm... already the rubber seems to be peeling off slightly... :cry:
ahhh! i have sweaty palms too! they only sell in a roll? or is possible to get somewhat lesser like in metres?

hmm.. cosmetically.. are there any areas that i can look out for to tape? im worried about the cosmetic issues.. dont want it to look like some *wounded camera.. lol

Don't bother gaffering la. If it is damaged.. all the more a reason to upgrade! ;)

ahhh! i have sweaty palms too! they only sell in a roll? or is possible to get somewhat lesser like in metres?

hmm.. cosmetically.. are there any areas that i can look out for to tape? im worried about the cosmetic issues.. dont want it to look like some *wounded camera.. lol

I tape up the whole cam. But if you just need protection over the grip areas, then tape only those areas....

They only sell in a roll, you can alternatively look for ppl to gaffer it for u.

Status
Not open for further replies.