Gaffer tape : How to use to protect camera?

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-setting

Jul 16, 2004
Equator
yeap. another newbie question here... :)

can someone advise how to apply gaffer tape to protect the camera body? is there some picture link that we could make reference to?

thanks in advance for all the help and advices.

cheers!

Nope... just tape it up the way you like it...

I personally prefer to wrap it up more than one layer... it's all individual preference on how to do so.... just cover it properly and yet allow access to the buttons and controls...

i don't use Gaffers at all because i tested once on my tripod and it had what seems like fungus growing all over!
it's all gone with a swipe using your hands but will return in a few days time.
especially if you have sweaty palms, been under the rain or in humid places.... good luck to you.

i don't use Gaffers at all because i tested once on my tripod and it had what seems like fungus growing all over!
it's all gone with a swipe using your hands but will return in a few days time.
especially if you have sweaty palms, been under the rain or in humid places.... good luck to you.

Cameras are stored in the dry cabinets... tripods aren't ;)

tape it on the edges, at the brand, anywhere you camera might get bruised.
I don't like it because it gets sticky.

thnks for all the replies. appreciate them.

i think the downside is that with gaffer tape, there is a degradation of aesthetic of the camera. i would probably rather take good care of the camera than to wrap it up like a mummy.

but for work cameras that travel a lot and take lots of knocks, i suppose the gaffer tape would come in handy. imagine if you need to lug the camera along for mountain hiking or jungle trekking.

thnks for all the replies. appreciate them.

i think the downside is that with gaffer tape, there is a degradation of aesthetic of the camera. i would probably rather take good care of the camera than to wrap it up like a mummy.

but for work cameras that travel a lot and take lots of knocks, i suppose the gaffer tape would come in handy. imagine if you need to lug the camera along for mountain hiking or jungle trekking.

Even in normal use, CAN you guarantee that it will be pristine and not suffer any scratches or knocks?

tape it on the edges, at the brand, anywhere you camera might get bruised.
I don't like it because it gets sticky.

Really? I thought gaffer tape not suppose to leave any mark?

Really? I thought gaffer tape not suppose to leave any mark?

The level of tack is lower than normal tape. But it's reccomended that you replace the gaffer tape every 3 to 4 months...

Status
Not open for further replies.