gadget for card trasnferring

instinctloh

Nov 25, 2008
Hi,

If i dun recall wrongly, there is such a gadget in the market that can transfer the pics in the card to the hdd and can start shooting with the card again.

Wondering whats the name of the gadget and where to buy it.

What are the pros and cons of this as i hardly see ppl mentioning about this in the forum and most of the time they only mentioned how many pcs of cards they will bring with them.

If this is useful, guess we can save lots of money in buying card right?

Need more info from pros here about this.

Hi,

If i dun recall wrongly, there is such a gadget in the market that can transfer the pics in the card to the hdd and can start shooting with the card again.

Wondering whats the name of the gadget and where to buy it.

What are the pros and cons of this as i hardly see ppl mentioning about this in the forum and most of the time they only mentioned how many pcs of cards they will bring with them.

If this is useful, guess we can save lots of money in buying card right?

Need more info from pros here about this.

It's discussed over and over and over again, you must not have been looking. There was the same question about a week ago. And FYI, it takes a while to transfer the images, while switching cards takes seconds.

Given a choice, I'd rather have more cards.

Folks,

Thanks and sorry that i miss that as i really dun know the name of the gadget.

Last question about this.

Say if is going on a tour, and the speed is not a concern as i can transfer the data at night in the hotel.

And if i hardly utilised so many mem card during my normal usage other than going on a tour, is it still advisable to buy this gadget or shld buy more mem card?

Any particular and reliable brand that i should buy beside the 2 mentioned in the link?

Thanks

Folks,

Thanks and sorry that i miss that as i really dun know the name of the gadget.

Last question about this.

Say if is going on a tour, and the speed is not a concern as i can transfer the data at night in the hotel.

And if i hardly utilised so many mem card during my normal usage other than going on a tour, is it still advisable to buy this gadget or shld buy more mem card?

Any particular and reliable brand that i should buy beside the 2 mentioned in the link?

Thanks

If you are not a heavy user, then maybe just get 2 16GB cards. But think of how many pictures you really will take. If you shoot in JPEG, 16GB can hold a LOT.

Thats very true....

All my previous trip i only bring my pns camera and the most i took less than 300 pics only.

Thanks bro.. guess you sorted out my queries..

I saved $299... hahaha...

Something to consider:
These 'gadgets' work with normal HDD inside, thus they sensitive towards shocks. Can you make sure that your luggage is always handled with care? Also, dropping a memory card accidentally is not an issue. Most HDD will be damaged, data recovery from a mechanically damaged HDD can easily be a 4 digit number. Nothing that your Sim Lim shop can do.
In many countries Internet cafes offer copy services. You can get copies of your images on DVD.
I have a number of cards, not all are always in use. But it only takes a few minutes packing to have capacity for a week's trip. Memory cards don't get rusty, mine even survived a bath in seawater.