G9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi bro, sorry for the late reply. I got the Canon adapter for around $40 - $45 while my Canon teleconverter had it for $150 off this forum's "market-place".

Cheers! ;)

hey thx...how much u bought the canon lens + the lens adapter?...btw...if u free can go here to view some photos and feel free to give some comments for me to improve..thank you...me still quite noob..lol..

Hey G9 owners! I just got my G9 too. Am wondering, those who bought it without the original camera case, how did u protect your cam? Which 3rd party case can recommend? The original one seems a bit costly ...

Hey G9 owners! I just got my G9 too. Am wondering, those who bought it without the original camera case, how did u protect your cam? Which 3rd party case can recommend? The original one seems a bit costly ...

Congrats on the purchase. For a start, maybe you'd like to read the thread first. Cause its been asked and discuss before.

Congrats on the purchase. For a start, maybe you'd like to read the thread first. Cause its been asked and discuss before.

Hi thanks for reply. I have read through this thread before, but that was long before i bought this cam. Guess those post on case did not catch my attention previously. I'll run though the thread again. Thanks pal.

Hi bro. Welcome to the "G9 club"!

I don't mind answering your questions since I've got spare time... As for your camera-case for G9, you can get brands like Lowepro which is quite a good brand with a wide-range of sizes for your needs. I'll advise you to think through carefully how you would want to use your G9.

Case for example, me. I initially got myself a National Geographic Earth Explorer Pouch camera-case that conforms to G9 just nice. However, once I got the tele-converter lens and soon to have wide-angle converter, I realise that I need a bigger bag to contain them all instead of having several bags for everything. That said, I got myself a Lowepro Apex 140AW bag.

The link for the National Geographic pouch is: http://shop.nationalgeographic.com/product/1123/3564/110.html

The link for products on Lowepro is:
http://products.lowepro.com/catalog/Camera-Pouches,5.htm

As to where you can get the bags, you can go to Peninsula's Cathay Photo or even Challenger store for Lowepro bags if you are a member especially.

Hope it helps. Cheers!

Hi bro. Welcome to the "G9 club"!

I don't mind answering your questions since I've got spare time... As for your camera-case for G9, you can get brands like Lowepro which is quite a good brand with a wide-range of sizes for your needs. I'll advise you to think through carefully how you would want to use your G9.

Case for example, me. I initially got myself a National Geographic Earth Explorer Pouch camera-case that conforms to G9 just nice. However, once I got the tele-converter lens and soon to have wide-angle converter, I realise that I need a bigger bag to contain them all instead of having several bags for everything. That said, I got myself a Lowepro Apex 140AW bag.

The link for the National Geographic pouch is: http://shop.nationalgeographic.com/product/1123/3564/110.html

The link for products on Lowepro is:
http://products.lowepro.com/catalog/Camera-Pouches,5.htm

As to where you can get the bags, you can go to Peninsula's Cathay Photo or even Challenger store for Lowepro bags if you are a member especially.

Hope it helps. Cheers!

Hi bro, thanks for the reply. Your reply is indeed helpful.
I had gotten a crumpler bag myself for the G9. However, now i feel like getting a external flash (thats slapping myself in the face as i'll need to change to a bigger bag like lowepro:sweatsm:)

This is the poison of photography :bsmilie: You will always expand your equipment and that will in turn need you to upgrade your existing equipment :sweat: Same goes to your Dry Cabinet (size constraint), Tripod (Max weight constraint), Bags ( sling/backpack/belt system). It will only stop when you stop photography..:bsmilie:

Hi bro, thanks for the reply. Your reply is indeed helpful.
I had gotten a crumpler bag myself for the G9. However, now i feel like getting a external flash (thats slapping myself in the face as i'll need to change to a bigger bag like lowepro:sweatsm:)

with a bigger flash, u will need a DSLR camera after that as you will see that the flash is huge on the G9.. after the DSLR camera, you realise that you would like to get macro lens, 70-200 zoom lens, birding lens, etc etc.. after that.. u realise u need a bigger room so u can turn it into a studio ... after that...

ya you will also need a bigger house to store all the equipment, next is a bigger car for transporting and by then a new girlfriend/wife to let you continue doing this :bsmilie:

ya you will also need a bigger house to store all the equipment, next is a bigger car for transporting and by then a new girlfriend/wife to let you continue doing this :bsmilie:

People here are evil. Showing me all the poisonous food :sweat:

We are just pointing you to the last page of the book "Must know : 101 + 1 on Photography"
:bsmilie:

We are just pointing you to the last page of the book "Must know : 101 + 1 on Photography"
:bsmilie:

I think the only way to save myself, is to stop visiting this forum.
Otherwise, i'll just keep reading classified for resale item and get myself into more poison :bsmilie:

I think the only way to save myself, is to stop visiting this forum.
Otherwise, i'll just keep reading classified for resale item and get myself into more poison :bsmilie:

Get thee behind me, Satan!

Don't be tempted! Y O U H A V E B E E N W A R N E D !

Hehe......wanna bet all these warnings will be of no use to you - eventually you'll cave in and start buying!!!

People here are evil. Showing me all the poisonous food :sweat:

brother, brother.. speaking from experience leh..

i bought a G9 3 Dec 07, then i was out looking for flash (430EX)... then i started to look at DSLR.. got my 400D on 27 Dec 07.. by 25 Jan 08, i have :

G9
400D kit II (17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM)
100mm f2.8 Macro USM
50mm f1.8 II
30 Digi Cab
Benro Tripod (w QR head)

and i still dont have my flash!!

i bought a G9 3 Dec 07, then i was out looking for flash (430EX)... then i started to look at DSLR.. got my 400D on 27 Dec 07.. by 25 Jan 08, i have :

G9
100mm f2.8 Macro USM
50mm f1.8 II
30 Digi Cab
Benro Tripod (w QR head)

hehe...thats a funny story. =D

hope u find ur flash soon

G9
100mm f2.8 Macro USM
50mm f1.8 II
30 Digi Cab
Benro Tripod (w QR head)

Wah piang.. that was fast lor ...
You have been seriously poisoned. No hope liao. :angel:

Hi guys.... Anybody have the latest deals/promos going on for G9?

WHat about the promo by OCBC? -->

$849.05 for Canon G9 + 2GB SD + Camera case + screen protector + mini tripod + digital kit bag

Hi guys.... Anybody have the latest deals/promos going on for G9?

WHat about the promo by OCBC? -->

$849.05 for Canon G9 + 2GB SD + Camera case + screen protector + mini tripod + digital kit bag

Cheapest i found previously was $800 incl gst with cam + 2gb card.
I doubt the mini tripod will be useful.
U can check out the quotes again from various major shops like Cathey photo, Alan photo, ms color etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.